PDA

View Full Version : Never make that mistake again...

allstar
10-10-2004, 10:39 AM
A couple of weeks ago I gave a lady a price for some cleanup work at her home:alot of bush trimming,new pine straw,edging,etc.About a week later I returned to do the work and after 3 1/2 hours a lady drove up(who didn't look familiar)and informed us that we were at the wrong home.Now this was totally a bonehead mistake on my part but both yards were very similar,I was supposed to be at #112 but went to #121,and the numbering was on the exact same place on the front of the home.Anyway,I apologized to her but she was in no way angry.Hell,we(my helper and I) had trimmed every bush in her yard,edged all the walkways and beds and put out new straw in all of the beds.
Well,the next day her husband called and sounded pretty upset.He said "we had left some clippings on the grass in the backyard and he hadn't planned on doing any cleanup work until the spring".It took me all of 30 seconds to pick them up.Otherwise,the entire yard was impeccable and he had gotten 350-400 dollars worth of free landscaping work.
Like I said,it was totally my mistake but what an a-hole!

geogunn
10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
oh man--that bites! it sounds to me like the man just had a "pecking order" problem.

kinda like he has to be the boss of his little domain. the thirty second cleanup explains alot.

I used to have a customer that started out like that.

his place was the cut from he**--large, complicated, steep, etc.

but it paid good money and I needed the buisness because I was just starting out. I had the time and this is a tough market.

the first couple of times I cut, he would walk the property and look for about 10 blades of grass together that I had missed.

twice he called me back claiming I had missed areas and, both times I yanked the grass out by hand.

the second time he did this, I told him that the next time he called me for such triffling nonsense it was going to cost him $35 bucks.

that was the last time he ever did that and actually became a pretty good customer.

GEO

HighGrass
10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
A couple of weeks ago I gave a lady a price for some cleanup work at her home:alot of bush trimming,new pine straw,edging,etc.About a week later I returned to do the work and after 3 1/2 hours a lady drove up(who didn't look familiar)and informed us that we were at the wrong home.Now this was totally a bonehead mistake on my part but both yards were very similar,I was supposed to be at #112 but went to #121,and the numbering was on the exact same place on the front of the home.Anyway,I apologized to her but she was in no way angry.Hell,we(my helper and I) had trimmed every bush in her yard,edged all the walkways and beds and put out new straw in all of the beds.
Well,the next day her husband called and sounded pretty upset.He said "we had left some clippings on the grass in the backyard and he hadn't planned on doing any cleanup work until the spring".It took me all of 30 seconds to pick them up.Otherwise,the entire yard was impeccable and he had gotten 350-400 dollars worth of free landscaping work.
Like I said,it was totally my mistake but what an a-hole!
The husband probably caught heel because you guys did such a good job. Wife probably heckled him and he took it out on you.

fcl01
10-10-2004, 12:20 PM
i remember a day awhile back when mac and i were on a mowing route, he pulled the grasshopper off and went to town. only he was on the neighbor's. i started waving to him and he shut the blades down and asked in his infamous "what the f&^k do you want attitude" what was wrong. i just said that i didnt know it was "mow the neighbors for free day". we got a good laugh out of it

GreenMonster
10-10-2004, 11:18 PM
i remember a day awhile back when mac and i were on a mowing route, he pulled the grasshopper off and went to town. only he was on the neighbor's. i started waving to him and he shut the blades down and asked in his infamous "what the f&^k do you want attitude" what was wrong. i just said that i didnt know it was "mow the neighbors for free day". we got a good laugh out of it

Oh, this is good info :) :) :)