PDA

View Full Version : Newer style Bunton WB owners?

lasher66
10-10-2004, 01:38 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with the newer style Bunton walk behinds. I bought a new 36" Bunton a few months ago and I noticed the front of it is a lot lighter now and it wants to pop up and do wheelies every time a hit a little bump in the yard. This seems to be a big pain in the butt when I have a yard that is uneven. The only way to battle this I noticed is to cut very slow. Even when I am hauling it on my trailer, when I take off from a red light, I notice the front wheels go up in the air on my bunton. My old bunton never did this. I noticed the front wheels are made smaller now and the engine and gas tank is placed back further that before, so i think this is part of the problem. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Lasher

C.T. Lawn Care
10-10-2004, 03:37 PM
i have probably the same mower as you.. i have noticed the same thing about hitting bumps and turing on the trailer... its not that big of a deal to me... i just strap the thing down or run it up against the side of the trailor and leave it in gear then its on the trailor. When i am mowing uneven turain i have just learned to see the bumps before i hit them and kinda lift up in the mower to give more weight to the front. You could get some caster weitghts and put them on there. I am sure that would help. You can probably get them at any mower shop. expecialy this time of year when they have the vacumes on sale and the caster weights are almost needed! good luck to u, and enjoy ur bunton... i love mine.. Gives really nice stripes!