PDA

View Full Version : halloween

oneandonlyjojo
10-10-2004, 05:40 PM
anyone else cant stand all the halloween decorations this time of year on the lawn. its not even the actual decoration but the 20 extension cords going form piece to piece

KINGjosh
10-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Yah i know how you feel. Especailly those big inflatanle dam pumpkins they put inthe middle of the lawn. And the same with X-MAS too. Then you got easter and then 4th of july, the next morning your there early picking up all those dam fireworks they forgot to pick up because they got to drunk! I can't stand the ****!

rodfather
10-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Just mow around them...mowing season's almost over anyway (at least here in NJ).

Gene $immons
10-10-2004, 06:04 PM
One time I was using a back pack blower up around a customers house where she has some hanging Halloween decorations, I got too close to one of them, and it was sucked into the back of the blower. So much for Mr. skeleton decoration.

KINGjosh
10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
We mow all year round down here and we get every dam holiday

lqmustang
10-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't have many Halloween decorations to deal with, but I'm sure glad I don't have to mess with Christmas decorations. I personally have about 600ft of extension cords running all over the place. :dizzy: What a nighmare that would be.

Travis Followell
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I hate it when a yard has a bunch of stupied extension cords strung acrss it everywhere and I have to get off and move them and also I have a hard time with water hoses all year long. They know i'm coming to mow but will not move the water hoses, just leave them in the yard for me to have to move. Next year there will definately be a water hose and/or extension cord surcharge for having to stop and get off the mower to move them.

KINGjosh
10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
As long as its not going to hurt my mower, ill just run right over it. Like tennis balls and stuff, i like to see how far it shoots

battags
10-10-2004, 10:20 PM
As long as its not going to hurt my mower, ill just run right over it. Like tennis balls and stuff, i like to see how far it shoots

That was my philosophy for a while.....untill I took out the window of a house with a rocketing tennis ball.

My wife is my business partner and was REALLY pissed when I told her.

After all, it happened at OUR house..... :(

Brian

HOOLIE
10-10-2004, 11:35 PM
I haven't had a problem with this since I've been working for myself. At my old job, we had one customer that would put up this huge display for Halloween every year, what a nightmare. Right now I have someone with a bunch of political signs all over the yard. But I don't discriminate. I'll blow grass on Bush or Kerry.

DALMlawn&landscaping
10-10-2004, 11:47 PM
just tell them that you didn't mow around all the stuff because you thought that tall grass accents the "spookieness" and adds to the overall experience of the little treat-or-treaters...