PDA

View Full Version : When money gets gone out of the shop

GA GIRL
10-10-2004, 07:28 PM
I invested money in a lawn care company. The owner was my boyfriend, I put time and money in this company. He told me that this lawn care season he would give it back and he did not and told me he does not know what i am talking about.So I took my money the wrong way and now he hates me and I feel that he was never going to give it back and this was the only way. Give me some feed back. :help:

out4now
10-10-2004, 07:35 PM
What did you do to get the money back so far? Any written agreement, anything? Need more info.

ALarsh
10-10-2004, 07:37 PM
You should have made him sign a contract stating how much money you loaned him and by what time he was to pay it back.

Chalk this one up as a lesson learned.

btw, how much did you loan him?

matthew horner
10-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I'll be your new boyfriend. Just kidding, maybe :waving:

Yeah, a LEGAL contract would really help here.

You seen nice to have done that, bummer you picked that guy.

KINGjosh
10-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Seems he used you for expanding his co. Money never mixes well with loved ones.

drsogr
10-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I invested money in a lawn care company. The owner was my boyfriend, I put time and money in this company. He told me that this lawn care season he would give it back and he did not and told me he does not know what i am talking about.So I took my money the wrong way and now he hates me and I feel that he was never going to give it back and this was the only way. Give me some feed back. :help:

Blah Blah Blah Blah! Geesh, I got a headache just reading that.

olderthandirt
10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry to say ,but your profile says your 38 yrs old and yet you post like a kid. there's a saying that comes to mind and its something along the lines of "a fool and there money are soon parted" Good Luck

Mac

proenterprises
10-10-2004, 08:27 PM

i second that one :dizzy:

crawdad
10-10-2004, 08:49 PM

How much money did you take? Will you invest it in my company, in neighboring Tennessee?
Forget him, I will treat you right. :waving:
Crawdad

drsogr
10-10-2004, 08:53 PM
How much money did you take? Will you invest it in my company, in neighboring Tennessee?
Forget him, I will treat you right. :waving:
Crawdad

LOL, you guys kill me!

pjslawncare/landscap
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Get with Bobby & bust some butt!

bobbygedd
10-10-2004, 09:55 PM
don't listen to these mean guys. if u need a shoulder baby, i'm here. come to poppy. tell me, what exactly did this mean man do to you? how much money we talkin?

cantoo
10-10-2004, 09:55 PM
We'll need pictures of the money you gave you and maybe if you were holding it in the picture we could come up with something.
Because there is nothing on paper you are pretty much out of luck, unless you happen to have some close relatives who would be interested in meeting with your "boyfriend" to discuss the money loan.

Runner
10-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Real cases.......REAL people....you are now entering our forum. The PEOPLE'S Court!!!
Bring on Judge Marilyn Milian...SHE is HOT! :blob4:

steve122
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
It kills me when someone asks for advice and gets $hit from some of you guys. Did none of you guys ever make a mistake in your lives? Did none of you ever let your heart over run your good sense? My first reaction to this answer was to give you a bad rep point for being a jerk about it. Then I thought, why bother.
Verbal contracts are valid and enforceable, if you can prove them. If the amount is large enough to jsutify it, see a lawyer. I assume though, from your commments that you may have taken matters into your own hands, maybe removed a little collateral. Or was it the money you say was missing. If you got enough back to cover most of your loss, chalk the rest up to an expensive lesson in human relations. Sorry it went wrong, better luck in business and boyfriends next time.

Richard Martin
10-11-2004, 04:20 AM
This is what you need to get your money back... maybe...

http://www.judgejudy.com/home/home.asp

walker-talker
10-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Looks like that might be her one and only post. You guys scared her!!

geogunn
10-11-2004, 07:06 AM
GA-GIRL........this may be something you already know but there may be a "legal" problemo with your method of debt collection if he wants to push the issue.

I guess we can assume you got your $$$ but lost the chump, uh...I mean boyfriend???

GEO :)

rodfather
10-11-2004, 07:13 AM
I think this thread is someone's idea of a joke IMO...38 years old and in business for 11???

LWNMWR1
10-11-2004, 07:36 AM
it is probably a dude too!!

GA GIRL
10-11-2004, 09:06 AM
No I am a woman that left the medical school to help him

bobbygedd
10-11-2004, 09:09 AM
i think you may be a woman, who forgot to take your medication. what kind of business have you been in, for 11yrs?

crawdad
10-11-2004, 09:13 AM
How much did they pay you, as a test subject at the medical school?
Crawdad

HOMER
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Please give us more details on who, what, when, and where. How much.........for us to resolve this issue and get the contract out to the right people (Bobby) we need a better understanding of what went on................please...................continue.

MikesLC
10-11-2004, 10:30 AM
How much did they pay you, as a test subject at the medical school?
CrawdadWhy do you ask that, you need a winter job? :dizzy:

crawdad
10-11-2004, 11:07 AM
No, the rich ladies I work for need certain services provided year round.
Crawdad

Gravely_Man
10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
More info is needed. A verbal contract is legal but one had to exist for it to work. Only you can decide of you should push this matter or if you should mark it up as a learning experience.

Gravely_Man

drsogr
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
It kills me when someone asks for advice and gets $hit from some of you guys. Did none of you guys ever make a mistake in your lives? Did none of you ever let your heart over run your good sense? My first reaction to this answer was to give you a bad rep point for being a jerk about it. Then I thought, why bother.
Verbal contracts are valid and enforceable, if you can prove them. If the amount is large enough to jsutify it, see a lawyer. I assume though, from your commments that you may have taken matters into your own hands, maybe removed a little collateral. Or was it the money you say was missing. If you got enough back to cover most of your loss, chalk the rest up to an expensive lesson in human relations. Sorry it went wrong, better luck in business and boyfriends next time.

I did not make my previous comment because of the situation, I made the comment because of the way the paragraph read. It literally gave me a headache reading it! There are many people in this world that have problems like this lady is having, and there are many other people that are intelligent enough to keep themselves out of problems like this. If you want to give me a bad rep point, go for it! I don't sit around tallieing up my rep points.

kc2006
10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
she wanted feedback.

Feedback: This post is stupid, why would you post to a bunch of people on a forum about how you stole money back from your exboyfreind that took your money because your too simple to have a signed agreement? If i were ever to do something that stupid i sure in heck wouldn't tell it to abunch of people. What do you want us to tell you? You got your money back, now he hates you, sounds like you need to be on dr phil.

odin
10-11-2004, 03:09 PM

I assume your med school specialty was being a cadaver ...or Like frankenstein you were the med school experiment that got the insane abnormal brain.

txlawnking
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
don't listen to these mean guys. if u need a shoulder baby, i'm here. come to poppy. tell me, what exactly did this mean man do to you? how much money we talkin?

ROTFLOL!! This is classic Bobby at his best... You guys are terrible... Terribly funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The C Man
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what "When money gets gone out of the shop" means, but without regard to that, my take on the situation is that you should start looking for a new boyfriend or just stay unattached for a while. If your account of what happened is accurate then he's pretty much a liar. You gave him money to get the business going, then later on he says that you didn't? Nice guy. Makes you wonder what else he's lied to you about.

Del9175
10-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Perhaps this question maybe more appropriate here-- www.loveadvice.com

Expert Lawns
10-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I can't believe that someone with such poor grammar, spelling and word usage made it to medical skool. hukt on fonix werked fore me

rodfather
10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
I can't believe that someone with such poor grammar, spelling and word usage made it to medical skool. hukt on fonix werked fore me

Like I said, it's someone's idea of a joke (bad too) IMO...

crawdad
10-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Like I said, it's someone's idea of a joke (bad too) IMO...
You mean she won't invest in my business if I send her my bank account info?
Crawdad

MMLawn
10-11-2004, 08:27 PM
38 years old and STILL in Medical School??? Dang, honey by the time you finish and do your residency you'll be old enough to draw your Social Security...... :drinkup:

And BTW, even if you did have a "verbal Contract" that is all you have because in a business loan in ALL 50 States of the US if you didn't file a Federal/State UCC1 on the business loan with your State you can't legally have a secure interest in the business no matter how much you invested.

But I bet what happen was that your 15 old boyfriend stole the 21" Murray pushmower ya'll went in on and now he is dating Buffy isn't he???

Expert Lawns
10-11-2004, 08:51 PM
quit watching 90210 re-runs and post a reply or two

GA GIRL
10-11-2004, 10:43 PM
i think you may be a woman, who forgot to take your medication. what kind of business have you been in, for 11yrs?

He needed my help and I loved him and would do anything for him so I quit med school to help him, was that so wrong????

HOOLIE
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
He needed my help and I loved him and would do anything for him so I quit med school to help him, was that so wrong????

Apparently so...

Runner
10-11-2004, 11:49 PM
So, what you are saying is,...that you loaned someone money, they haven't paid any or all of it back, so you went and committed larceny to recoup some or all of your losses. However, if you were really seeking advice, and this was real, you would have gave details. How much, what it was for, when, what you took, and the values involved. Otherwise, you aren't really asking anything. You are just trying to get "blind responses". Even someone withOUT college education would ask something of this nature with better description and thought. By the way, where did you go to medical school? Come into the chat room, and I'll ask you some questions, even on Instant Messenger so no one else has to see it. I'll tell if you've been to medical school or not in about 3 minutes. My aol IM is Runningreat.

Soupy
10-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Why are you guys being so rude to this girl? She is probably scared to offer more details because of the response she has gotten so far.

If you don't want to help her, then just move on. The insults are uncalled for.

Runner
10-12-2004, 03:04 AM
I don't mean to come off as insulting, but something just isn't right with this whole thing....

Soupy
10-12-2004, 03:13 AM
I don't mean to come off as insulting, but something just isn't right with this whole thing....

Maybe this is a troll, But I was hoping for a good soap opera and she got scared away. :cry: Hopefully she is not done.

bobbygedd
10-12-2004, 06:48 AM
i want to see pictures of her in a nurse uniform

crawdad
10-12-2004, 07:40 AM
I want to see pictures, but the uniform is optional.

Tvov
10-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Soooo.... what do you want for "feedback"???

all ferris
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I've got some feedback.... 1. you were foolish to get "involved" with this guy to begin with 2. you were foolish to loan this guy money. 3. you were foolish to steal the money back from him. 4. you were foolish to post your problem on lawnsite.

To sum this all up.... you're a fool.

cutnedge
10-12-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm with Runner on this one.
Me thinks dat dis here thread be's a joke!

Ga. girl, if not , good luck in the Medical Proffesion. You'll need alot.

dkeisala
10-12-2004, 02:02 PM

Not wrong but pretty stupid.

MMLawn
10-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Come now baby! I know that Jr High....I mean Med School is now out for the day give us an update here. Did you kick mean Billy's butt today? What about his new girlfriend Buffy??? Don't keep us in the dark and get that money back as I hear that Wally WOrld mowers cost about $100 now..cause that is a lot of money for a 15 year old.....I mean 38 year old. :blob3:

Remsen1
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm a lawn guy not a friggin lawyer! Just cause you lent him money for a lawn business doesn't mean other lawn guys are qualified to help you.

Go to LAWsite.com for crying out loud! Not lawNsite.

Precision
10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Real or not I have no idea. But it was certainly the laugh I needed.

Personally, I think this is Quality in a different guise.

proenterprises
10-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Real or not I have no idea. But it was certainly the laugh I needed.

Personally, I think this is Quality in a different guise.

why woudl you assume that?

buddhacj7
10-13-2004, 03:48 PM

I believe this is someone just trying to start a funny thread! Who talks this way "I loved him and would do anything for him" probably someone wanting to be entertained. Nobody could be that stupid to set them self up for harassment!

GA GIRL
10-13-2004, 05:56 PM
I believe this is someone just trying to start a funny thread! Who talks this way "I loved him and would do anything for him" probably someone wanting to be entertained. Nobody could be that stupid to set them self up for harassment!

no it shows me that men do not have hearts !!!!!!!!!!!

earthtool
10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
We have hearts........some just don't know how to use them!
Lesson learned.....now go get a weed eater and give him a hair cut :p

Soupy
10-13-2004, 06:18 PM
no it shows me that men do not have hearts !!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us your story in detail so we can better understand your situation. The reason everyone thinks it is a joke is because you just threw out a statement and never backed it up. You have been asked several legitimate questions and they have gone unanswered.

bobbygedd
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
i have a heart, look, see it >.

proenterprises
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
bobby-this is a heat <3

lwngrl1
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Ga Girl,

I've been in this racket for and managing a 88 acre facility for 16 years, and have always had a job with guys. I've learned a couple of things,

You have to prove yourself twice over, but once you do, they give you the respect you deserve.
You have to learn how to hang, they have an odd but great sense of humor.
Learn to turn a wrench, they really like this! :rolleyes:
Seperate financing.
And last but least, never get offended.
And yes, I like guys. (they always think the other)

Good luck

GA GIRL
10-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey Ga Girl,

I've been in this racket for and managing a 88 acre facility for 16 years, and have always had a job with guys. I've learned a couple of things,

You have to prove yourself twice over, but once you do, they give you the respect you deserve.
You have to learn how to hang, they have an odd but great sense of humor.
Learn to turn a wrench, they really like this! :rolleyes:
Seperate financing.
And last but least, never get offended.
And yes, I like guys. (they always think the other)

Good luck

Thank's I will look into that.

MikesLC
10-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Why do you ask that, you need a winter job? :dizzy:
For this post, I got a "demerit?" Huh? unsigned, too. What's with this point thing anyways. I think if you are gonna give negative points, your name should be on it.
I guess new guys can't joke around on this site. Maybe I'll go back to lurking.
Mike

KenH
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM

ummmm, can you honestly ask that question now????
:dizzy: :dizzy:

cantoo
10-14-2004, 10:40 PM
mike, that will be another demirit point for unnecessary sarcasm, you're going downhill fast. When you get enough demirit points they start running your post count backwards and everyone will start calling you a newby again.
You might want to be a little nicer next time.

:p

Now I'm actually going to look into the demirit thing and really see what it is before my post count starts running backwards.

cantoo
10-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Okay, I don't know crap. Is there somewhere that explains this demerit system? I got 28 points so somebody must love me. Who is it and please don't tell me it's bobby? Maybe it's ga girl, I hope she still has some money left.. oops, there goes my 28 good points.

HOOLIE
10-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Does your boyfriend always leave lots of cash lying around? If so, where is he located? I wanna make some more money get gone!

MikesLC
10-15-2004, 10:41 AM
For this post, I got a "demerit?" Huh? unsigned, too. What's with this point thing anyways. I think if you are gonna give negative points, your name should be on it.
Mike
Another "demerit," along with a couple of positives. The unsigned demerit said something about, "uncalled comment by a newby about a respected member."
How long do I have to be here to crack a joke? In a thread that's full of jokes? I've been a member since last year, but prefer to search.That's what I see newbys being told to do whenever a question is asked. Most questions have been asked and answered already. I started signing on again to get info about the upcoming GIE.
Golly Gee, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings with this post.
Mike

Remsen1
10-15-2004, 02:31 PM
where do you see these "points"?

Precision
10-16-2004, 10:12 AM
points are that little colored box or go to your User CP top left corner of the screen.

MikesLC
10-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Mike

I got another demerit for this post. Of course, it was a nutless wonder, no bals to sign it. You know the funny part? Crawdad gave me positive points for the joke about the winter job. So the rest of you with their panties in a wad can stick your points where the sun don't shine!
Mike, going back to lurk and search mode. :angry:

cantoo
10-19-2004, 10:44 PM
mike, I was going to give you a positive point but then I came back here and see that you are a quitter so I just couldn't. However if you can prove to us that you are in fact the guy that this story is about I will give you a couple of positive points. And the only prove we will accept is a pic of you and GA Girl.

NC Scaper
10-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I really needed this laugh today.

MikesLC
10-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Here's the message I got from one nutless wonder, along with another demerit.
"Now you got yet ANOTHER ONE for crying about them!!!!"
Hey, nameless one, bite me.
At another site, I get invitations to a cookout. At this site, I get demerits. What a bunch of babies.
Mike

Norm Al
10-24-2004, 11:13 AM
booby picture?