PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Front End loader attachment....

ALarsh
10-10-2004, 08:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32718&item=3845152501&rd=1

What do you think?

bob
10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Walker makes one for their mowers. http://www.walkermowers.com/images/implements/loaderbucket.jpg

mole
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I saw something like that at the show. They said you have to have a 72" deck to use it. I wonder if you could use that with a 48 or 52. the one at the show did not have hydraulics like this one.

Jusmowin
10-10-2004, 09:28 PM
That looks cool, I want one. It looks like it would save some labor in the long run. Great little mulch mover on larger properties.

dwost
10-10-2004, 09:33 PM
THAT is a great idea. Wow, what a time saver for spreading mulch or doing cleanups. My only concern would be additional strain on the hydro's when hauling an excessive amount of material. Other than that i'd say it would be extremely handy. I want one.............and I don't have a Z.............yet. :cool: :cool:

pjslawncare/landscap
10-10-2004, 09:50 PM
I dont know, call me skeptical, but that thing dont impress me too much. Seems like it would put a lot of stress on front casters (just try calling Ex-mark to see what they say :waving: ). The electronic controls arent variable (I like to control the speed) and weight leverage would reduce power wheels traction considerably. What is the capacity of this thing and how much does it weigh by itself?

ALarsh
10-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Auction says it weighs about 150 lbs and it can hold 300 lbs.

How is it supposed to dump? By the looks of the auction you have to scoop out what ever you have in it with a shovel..

I think it is going to put way too much stress on the front casters and hydros.

I thought it was quite interesting though.

cantoo
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Before you spend your money on something like this ask to talk to someone who has one and to see pictures of them using it. I'll be they won't do it. I build some of my own equipment and modify other stuff. There is no way that a ZTR will dig anything with this bucket, no traction and no way to steer it either. Beside that the ZTR front end will never hold up the bucket it's 150 emptyadd another 100 to 150 lbs of gravel or sand and the bushings are gone. Ask anyone who has a fertilizer spreader on the front of their ZTR about handling and the spreader full would only weigh around 125 lbs. I have a couple of tractor style Steiners that I made a 4' blade for and it works alright but even with 4x4 it's tough to do much other than move loose dirt around.
Something like this you must demo before spending a cent.

dwost
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
If you look at the write up it sounds as if it does dump since you can also grade with it. I do agree if you were looking at this thing to replace a skidsteer I'd say now way; however, think of what you use a wheel barrow for......moving piles of leaves, mulch, shrubs etc... this to me seems to be extremely useful.

GreenMonster
10-10-2004, 10:57 PM
When you stop short on a Walker, the back wheel comes off the ground.

How can one actually pick up material in a bucket without falling on it's "face"?

bigdaddyspags
10-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Found a video:

http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/JBpage_Jr_Exmark_ZTR-main.htm

dwost
10-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Check out the video of the "downward pressure", depending on the extension of the bucket arm this could also double as a jungle jack or similar and make it a snap for changing blades. :)

qualitylandscaping
10-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I my opinion..

Zero Turn mowers are made to MOW

If you want a loader, buy one.. 300lbs load will fill up in no time.. And its alot of stress on your mower, considering thats not what it was made for..

Metro Lawn
10-11-2004, 03:35 AM
Seems like a waste. 3 cubic ft. bucket.... 9 trips to move 1 yard.. no thanks then you can't pick it up higher than a 12"... I will stick to the Gehl Advantage mini loader.

Metro Lawn
10-11-2004, 03:40 AM
It has a 1/4 yd. bucket along with other attachments. forks, tiller, grade rake, trencher, hole auger, ect.

SWD
10-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Since I don't own an Exmark, it isn't for me.
Cons:
The unit weighs over 150lbs empty, image what the loaded material weight could be!
I, for one, am not going to stress the living bejesus out of my front casters, hydaulic pumps, tires plus tearing the crap out of a customers lawn, by using this thing.
A necessary adition would be more agressive rear drive tires plus a counter weight either on the tire rims (meaning more driven sprung load) or a weight mounted off of the rear of the machine.
Additional weight means additional soil compaction.
For two grand plus the cost of additional modifications plus out of pocket repairs to the machine as this is obviously not a warranty device, I would buy a power driven/dump wheelbarrow.
Pros:
This thing is neat as all get out.
Perhaps there will be additional implements to mount on the frame?
I forsee an aerator, debris blower, possibly a leaf rake/plow, or even a dozer blade.
Just my 2cents
Adios

Acute Cut
10-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I tend to agree with some others here that this is really not a grand idea. Last year i built a ROPS system for my 52" exmark lazer. It had a sign on the back and i was getting ready to put plexi glass on top. As with the ROPS today my bane was once again trees. But, back to the story, on the front of my ROPS system i had a bracket made for a tray i had also made. It was supposed to be a materials hauler. I lost traction almost immediately from the back wheels when i put any weight on the front. It does however work decently for doing 6' tall hedges. :blob3:

shepoutside
10-11-2004, 11:07 AM
You use a weight kit, with the walkers :) Is great, like mine alot :blob3:

statman
11-05-2004, 03:45 PM
How much does the Gehl cost?