PDA

View Full Version : To those who use quickbooks...

jajwrigh
10-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Looking to upgrade from Quicken small business 2003......can you do withholdings for employees and generate paychecks on your computer to be printed with quickbooks? I am searching for an easier solution for some of my financial concerns...Thanks.

eruuska
10-11-2004, 08:04 AM
I've never used QB for payroll (never had employees), but my assumption is yes, QB handles all the withholding that you need to do. You may want to check their website, though, to check it out for sure. You probably have to pay a nominal fee for the current withholding information for Federal and for your particular state, but that's standard for payroll programs.

Hope this helps,
Eric

DLS1
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Go to quickbooksusers.com and they can answer your questions. You must signin before you can see all the forums.

Team Gopher
10-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi jajwrigh,

Go to quickbooksusers.com and they can answer your questions. You must signin before you can see all the forums.

Their forums are helpful.

leadarrows
10-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I got this out of the help section of my QuickBooks Contractors 2004. I would be lost with out QB.

What QuickBooks payroll can do for you
QuickBooks can perform many different payroll tasks, including calculating wages and taxes, managing compensation and liabilities, and processing payments for both employees and payroll tax agencies.

Some tasks have additional requirements, such as signing up for one of the integrated payroll services: Do-It-Yourself Payroll or Assisted Payroll. QuickBooks payroll can:

Calculate payroll amounts:
Calculate wages for each pay period.

Calculate hours worked, year-to-date totals for all employees, and show this information on payroll reports.

Calculate amounts for Forms W-2 and W-3, and print on preprinted forms.

Calculate federal, state, and selected local taxes for the United States, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. (Requires a subscription to either the Do-It-Yourself or the Assisted Payroll service)

QuickBooks doesnít calculate taxes for Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or Canada.

Prepare and print federal payroll tax Forms 940, 941, and Schedule B (Form 941).

For Assisted Payroll customers: Assisted Payroll prepares and files these forms on your behalf.

Observe wage base limits for taxes. (Requires a subscription to either the Do-It-Yourself or the Assisted Payroll service)

Manage compensation, liabilities, and data:
Handle all kinds of compensation: salary, hourly (including overtime), commission, or a combination.

Track sick or vacation time.

Track Advance EIC payments, company loan repayments, 401(k) deductions, tips, union dues, bonuses, car expenses, and many other nonstandard payroll items.

Use time data or allow you to specify hours worked for each job and class to allocate payroll expenses.

This feature is available only in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise editions. Learn how to upgrade your version of QuickBooks.
Track your company's liability to the government, insurance companies, and other agencies.

Observe annual limits you set for deductions and company-paid benefits.

Record employee details such as pay and commission rates, Social Security number, and tax exemptions.

Process employee and tax agency payments:
Create your paychecks with earnings, deductions, and year-to-date detail provided on the voucher (if you use voucher checks), or on a separate paystub that is automatically created and can be printed for your employees.

Pay employees on a daily, weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.

Allow you to specify extra taxes or deductions in addition to the standard federal and state taxes, and apply them to employees.

Create checks to pay your company's payroll liabilities. For Assisted Payroll customers: Assisted Payroll makes these payments for you.

jajwrigh
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Excellent information! Thanks a lot!