PDA

View Full Version : lost the check

bobbygedd
10-11-2004, 08:57 AM
new client, first payment, check was for like $250. stopped at the post office on our way out of town for a few days. lost the check in the woods while camping. just gone, no idea where it went. i believe it ended up in the garbage by accident. now it can't be cashed by anyone, cus it's made out to xyz landscaping. i called client and told him the check was lost. if he wants to stop payment, fine, i'll pay the fee, but i'll need a replacement check, minus the fee, asap. now i certainly consider myself a reasonable man, but i'm getting a bit annoyed. how long should it take for client to issue a replacement check? i been waiting patiently

walker-talker
10-11-2004, 09:21 AM
How long have you waited.....I think a week should be plenty of time?

crawdad
10-11-2004, 10:10 AM
What did he say when you called him? Is he gonna tack on a replacement check surcharge?
Crawdad

Gravely_Man
10-11-2004, 10:44 AM
A week should be plenty of time to get a new check to you. I wouldn't even think of trying to hit them with a late fee.

Gravely_Man

grass_cuttin_fool
10-11-2004, 11:10 AM
I lost a check last month, actually about 6 weeks ago on a regular weekly customer. He wanted to wait to make sure the check doesnt come back or got delayed at the bank. Gonna take about 2 cycles to make sure the bank isnt just holding it