PDA

View Full Version : New Plow Part 2

wriken
10-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I was'nt happy with the plow mouting the local dealer did so I too it back and they corrected it. I have it all ready for the upcoming plowing season. I wish I would have got some of that wire loom stuff for the wire job. I may make a reese hitch setup for the spreader.

wriken
10-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Can't wait till snow. :blob3:

Boast Enterpris
10-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Nice setup. I like those lights in the back bumper! :waving:

drsogr
10-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Wow, thats cool! That almost makes me wish we got enough snow around here to buy something like that!

LwnmwrMan22
10-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Nice setup. I like those lights in the back bumper! :waving:

Yeah, did you cut those out yourself? Or did a shop do that for you?

Wayne Landscaping
10-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Can i ask how you mounted the light switches in the truck and what gas tank that is on the bed?

wriken
10-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah, did you cut those out yourself? Or did a shop do that for you?

My son in law did the wiring and light cutout work.

wriken
10-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Can i ask how you mounted the light switches in the truck and what gas tank that is on the bed?

The switch box and spreader control is mounted in a 2 tier pedestal mount from Gall, you can get more tier ones. There are 5 switches,(each protected by a 20 amp fuse) in the control box, 1 for the strobe, left ally, right alley, back bumper lights, the last is power to the diesel fuel pump. The tank is a 100 gal, I use for fuel for the trucks.

qualitylandscaping
10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
sweet!!! Mine's going to look exactly the same when its done.. Only Western Plow and Western salter..

I'm having a buddy mount the light controls on my dash. Salter control is going to go up against the seat in the middle. I like the bumper lights, I'm want to have the same thing done, just looking for someone I trust enough to cut out my bumper.

up to 46 residentials and 9 commercials.. BRING ON THE SNOW! :drinkup: and get lots of :sleeping: first!

wriken
10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
sweet!!! Mine's going to look exactly the same when its done.. Only Western Plow and Western salter..

I'm having a buddy mount the light controls on my dash. Salter control is going to go up against the seat in the middle. I like the bumper lights, I'm want to have the same thing done, just looking for someone I trust enough to cut out my bumper.

up to 46 residentials and 9 commercials.. BRING ON THE SNOW! :drinkup: and get lots of :sleeping: first!

we were going to use a 2.5" hole saw, but that was'nt getting it, he had torched out his on a 92 f-250, but on his he did'nt have a template. So I got the lights, and rubber seal/holders, and bought 1 mounting plate for this kind of light, then he outlined it and torched it and finished it with a 4" grinder. Looks good. :)

LwnmwrMan22
10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
we were going to use a 2.5" hole saw, but that was'nt getting it, he had torched out his on a 92 f-250, but on his he did'nt have a template. So I got the lights, and rubber seal/holders, and bought 1 mounting plate for this kind of light, then he outlined it and torched it and finished it with a 4" grinder. Looks good. :)

Only problem I have with it, usually once you start messing around with the factory chrome, cutting it and such, you leave yourself with some serious rust issues, especially up here in MN.

Shoot, come spring time our cars run forever, they're already pickled from all the salt.

wriken
10-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Only problem I have with it, usually once you start messing around with the factory chrome, cutting it and such, you leave yourself with some serious rust issues, especially up here in MN.

Shoot, come spring time our cars run forever, they're already pickled from all the salt.

yep thought about that, sprayed some paint on the inside somewhat. Might work for awhile.
But reguardless after mounting the plow, probably will trade up in 2 years.