PDA

View Full Version : New mower pics

dlandscaping
10-11-2004, 01:11 PM
I finally got around to taking some pictures. This is of our new (old) mower. Its a 15hsp kohler commando 36" belt Toro t-bar w/ 5.5 hps honda trac-vac. The engine, electric clutch and tracvac are new this, and the body is 10 years old. It doesnt have a stripe kit yet, but I will get one soon for it.

dlandscaping
10-11-2004, 01:15 PM
these are pics of our lawn cut. The dirt patch is from when we took out a bush, we never planted any grass there.

dlandscaping
10-11-2004, 01:18 PM
And 1 more pic of the mower. It has an independent (of the T-bar) blade shut off. It is basically a toggle switch, down blades can go on, up they shut off, wont turn on. It pulls in reverse easily and you can pull with 2 hands because of the blade thing. I dont think it will ever bog down with that engine. It reduces leaves to dust, and puts them all in the barrel. Leaf season just got a lot easier.

Meg-Mo
10-11-2004, 01:32 PM
With MEG MO blades on you would not have had to buy that vac as the MEG MO blades have enough blow to put the grass or leaves in the barrel.

Gravely_Man
10-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Nice looking piece of equipment. I hope you like it.

Gravely_Man

KathysLGC
10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
With MEG MO blades on you would not have had to buy that vac as the MEG MO blades have enough blow to put the grass or leaves in the barrel.
How?

Nice set up Dlandscaping.

Meg-Mo
10-11-2004, 03:08 PM
OEM blades throw the grass or leaves from the deck where as the MEG MO blades blow the grass or leaves out cut 4 or 5 times smaller and 2to3times further and steady. this is why we can blow the grass up in to that barrel.

Remsen1
10-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Looks like a beautiful setup. I hope it works as good as it looks. I want to do something similar with a trac vac. Especially for this time of year. I think you're better off WITH the vac, no matter what they say.

KathysLGC
10-11-2004, 03:22 PM
OEM blades throw the grass or leaves from the deck where as the MEG MO blades blow the grass or leaves out cut 4 or 5 times smaller and 2to3times further and steady. this is why we can blow the grass up in to that barrel.

I'm going to have to try these out one day. I'm trying to get back in so hopefully next season I can justify the cost and get a set. I've read 75% good and 25% bad stuff about them. Too bad i can't see them in action. I don't know any one near me with them.

chevyman1
10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
just about any blade will throw the clippings right up into that barrel under perfect conditions. And afterall, that's all we ever mow in right guys? :rolleyes:

Meg-Mo
10-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Talk to John Gamba he's up in your country.

DLCS
10-11-2004, 07:00 PM
just about any blade will throw the clippings right up into that barrel under perfect conditions. And afterall, that's all we ever mow in right guys? :rolleyes:

Your correct, just about any blade can throw grass into that barrel under "perfect conditions" but Meg Mo blades will throw those leaves and grass into that barrel under "not so perfect" conditions too. :)

ed2hess
10-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Have you tried to mow wet rye grass with this set-up? In the south we overseed our grass in fall and it is difficult to bag with most mowers except Walker and Honda 215. Our Scag Cougar does ok but this looks better. What was total cost of this set-up?

edward hedrick
10-11-2004, 10:51 PM
have Meg-Mo on my Walker Trumbull Ct. hedlawn@hotmail.com

dlandscaping
10-11-2004, 10:54 PM
I paid $1400. The trac vac costs 1600, and the mower new would be 2500 or so. I have only had it for two days, and will let you know how much it can do after a few more days of use. I dont think it will ever bog with the 15hsp engine on there. I cut 3' high grass with the 52" 14hsp and that barely bogged. It stripes better when you double cut or dont go in 4th gear, but I like to mow fast.