PDA

View Full Version : Utility flags

PicturePerfect
10-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I pull up a commerical property last week and there are about 50 flags marking underground utilities. The utilities are also marked by paint. What would you do?
(A) Pull the flags, mow, replace
(B) Pull the flags, mow, not replace
(C) Mow over the flags
(D) Trim around the flags

wrestlingcoach
10-11-2004, 02:51 PM
DO NOT MOW OVER THEM.
the wires can impell you and the tires
causing you to look real stupid

KathysLGC
10-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I would mow around and make sure i didn't go over the paint then trim and thing i could with out disrupting the flags/markers.

Pecker
10-11-2004, 03:22 PM
I would mow around and make sure i didn't go over the paint then trim and thing i could with out disrupting the flags/markers.
Me too. Just don't let it eat to much into your time.

bobbygedd
10-11-2004, 04:16 PM
mow and trim around them, tack on 10% utility flag surcharge.

PicturePerfect
10-11-2004, 04:21 PM
The dew was also very heavy.

bobbygedd
10-11-2004, 04:25 PM
double surcharge

Bray
10-11-2004, 04:27 PM
I mow around them. I won't trim around them or pull them. Leave a note with the home owner or talk to the buisness about the liabilities of doing such. I don't waste to much time with it. Just remember there is a contractor that called in a locate for those flags and removing them will waste their time. They have a job to do and it could look bad on you if your the reason your client did'nt get the work done or if someone got hurt because you moved, mowed over, or pulled the flags.

DLCS
10-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Mow as close to them as you can, do not remove them. Even if you mow and replace them, you could become liable if a utility is hit during any excavating.

green with envy
10-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Mow as close as you can aand then add a yellow flag surcharge, a blue flag surcharge, an orange flag surcharge, a Brown flag surcharge, a yellow paint surcharge, a blue paint surcharge, A brown paint surcharge. Then you have to take a look and see if any of the flags or paint were covering or stuck in dog poo, Then ADD A SURCHARGE. Did they mark it on a Friday? Add a surcharge! Is Bobby Gedd getting a woody? Add a surcharge! :drinkup: :cool2: :drinkup: :drinkup:

green with envy
10-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Seriously!!! DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THEM !!! Mow close to them and Stay clear.

My skidsteer operator was doing postholes today and was drilling six feet away from a yellow marking and drilled through a 440 volt line!! Fortunately he and the skidsteer are okay!!! A condo-complex losing there power for a couple of hours, a few blown fuses and dirty under wear were the only problems but someone COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!

True story.

Mike