PDA

View Full Version : TIRE MODIFICATIONS

yardsmith
05-18-2000, 01:25 AM
After a hard 3 hrs. mowing a parking lot extension, I finished up at the drainage pond, mowing the hillsides. I swear the one end had 35-45* hill. I couldn't hardly stand on it. (I'll have to take a pic of it)<br>My bobcat romped right on up it, thanks to my new Titan AT 489's I put on last week.<br>I got sick of sliding down hills that weren't even steep, & couldn't turn around on an incline unless it was bone dry.<br>So I bought ATV tires for it, & they work great!<br>I do have to keep both tires moving when turning around on zero radius so it doesn't tear the grass, & I've got that down to a science now.<br>Well, after finishing, the drain pond had some mud & standing water. So I thought I'd see just HOW good they are :).<br>Went thru 5&quot;&quot; of mud at 20' length, & came thru like a champ! I was laughing my butt off, & having a ball. Took 2 rounds at the car wash to clean 'er up, tho. But it was priceless.<br>I guess an ATV has always been on the back burner cuz I have to put $$ back into the biz for now, but had best of both worlds today. And no the owners don't care, either:)<br>Any one else put more aggressive tires on? I have also put V-tread ag type tires on most other mowers I've owned too, cuz it stays swampy here clear up into mid june.<p><br>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: yardsmith

CA Enterprises
05-18-2000, 05:52 AM
Smitty,<p>I can just picture you covered in mud and grass clippings. Sounds like fun. <p>KIDS WILL BE KIDS. lol!<p>Adam:)

MOW ED
05-18-2000, 10:01 AM
After I go out today I may consider it. It rained 1.25&quot; last night and I'm behind so the walk behind is gonna do some swampin. I'm trying to figure out how to get an ATV on the company. I have seen a fertilizing company in the area using an ATV to pull a tow behind sprayer. <br>Its a good thing its gonna rain more later I can bring some soap and wash up after muddin.

Alan
05-18-2000, 04:34 PM
I've got AGs mounted on other wheels on our tractor,, but the bolt pattern is wrong, otherwise I would try them on the Lazer. I'm about sick of mud bogging here. It was just starting to dry up some and now another inch of rain today,, This is not fun any longer!

1stclasslawns
05-20-2000, 10:48 AM
I have a drag made out of 2 6x6's held about 20 inches apare with angle iron that will hold 3 concrete blocks, this attaches to the 4 wheeler to drag dirt after it has been spread with a tractor. The smoothiest lawn you will see. Spread dirt, drag dirt, seed, roll. Best of all the 4 wheeler is now a tax deduction!!

fdew
05-27-2000, 06:55 PM
I put ATV tires in my Ferris Procut They just fit! I love them. I can climb any thing, on hills and in the wet I dont get that spin the grass into mud I was getting. The machine feels a lot more secure. I am not a pro (Just loke mowing and quality equipment) but thanks to whoever recomended these tires.

gene gls
05-28-2000, 12:00 AM
I went Mudden today with my Walker. I backed up to the compost pile to dump and my tail wheel sank in about 6&quot;. I dumped and there was no traction to pull out. The deck ended up sitting on the ground. I had to pick up the back and swing it out of the hole, then at half speed ,push from behind and hope that I could stop it when it got out of the mud area. What a nut buster that was.<p>No rain for two days now,things are looking better.

southside
05-28-2000, 06:17 AM
I have atv tyres on my new Walker and they<br>stick like **** to a blanket. :)<p>Karl<br>