PDA

View Full Version : Slogans for Timber Creek Lawn & Landscape

drsogr
10-11-2004, 06:32 PM
I am going to be investing some money into some t-shirts and such and I want a good slogan. I have yet to come up with one that I am happy with. Anyone have any good suggestions. My company does a lot of sod installs and landscaping. Thanks. Something catchy, but something that also adds credibility to my name.

tonygreek
10-11-2004, 06:58 PM
My opinion: Given the length of your business name, I'd probably have that be a larger size of text/logo and not worry so much about a slogan.

Tony

Richard Martin
10-11-2004, 07:22 PM
You have one of the best names I've ever seen in the business. No slogan is necessary. Spend the money on a professional graphic artist instead.

bobbygedd
10-11-2004, 07:36 PM
you could print a picture of me on your tee shirts??

drsogr
10-11-2004, 07:39 PM
You have one of the best names I've ever seen in the business. No slogan is necessary. Spend the money on a professional graphic artist instead.

Wow...thanks, thats one heck of a compliment. Do any of you guys ever put joke slogans on the back of your shirts? Or would that make a company seem less professional?

Such as....

Landscaper tip no. 13
When laying sod always remember green side up?

drsogr
10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
you could print a picture of me on your tee shirts??

I don't think my wife would enjoy all the extra attention I would be getting. LOL

Mo Green
10-11-2004, 08:23 PM
How about "We take pride in your lawn". Short,sweet, and to the point.

tonygreek
10-11-2004, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't put a joke slogan with that co. name. To echo Richard's comment, as well as my initial one, your name has the aura of quality and of a company that has been around for some time. I wouldn't detract from it with humor and would find someone to design a logo fitting of the name. Now, if your name was Cash 'n Carry Lawncare "We make our green from cutting yours.", sure, but not with the name you've got. If you want something more fun, I'd change the name to something else. All depends on your strategy and what you enjoy.

I think slogans should compliment the name or essentially draw from it. My window & siding company, "Curb Appeal: The Exteriors Company" uses a tagline for marketing materials (but not shirts) that says "Changing the way you see your home." It's complimentary, not forced. Maybe I could start a roofing company with a pun of "The Shingle Guys - Ripping You Off One Shingle At A Time".

Please keep us in the loop on how it goes.

Tony

drsogr
10-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. You comments are very valuable to me. I do want a company name that has an aura of quality and of a company that has been around for some time. That is why I picked the name. Thanks for all the hints. I am definitely looking into a professionally designed logo. I had a friend make me one, the more I look at the more it screams cheap. I think I will keep a slogan off of the shirts and the trucks and maybe save it for a tri-fold or something. Its amazing how invaluable this forum is to people like me who are simple minded. The more heads you get together the better off everyone is. I wish a lot more companies would use this forum. It would raise the bar for landscaping and lawn care companies.

mkroher
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I agree with an earlier post... your company name is too long for a slogan.

Runner
10-11-2004, 11:06 PM
With a name like Timber Creek, there is just too much you could do with it. There are so many great ideas for graphic designs going through my head right now , I don't know where to begin. I can tell you this... I see a nice background of green, some soft curves of black to make the green appear as soft rolling hills, like on a golf course, a couple of trees (nice ones, not looking like they were doodles on a napkin), and some blue for water in the foreground. There is something about water that is c0omforting to people. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the "living water" that is mentioned in the bible. The tree trunks would be black, so you would have only 3 colors - green, blue, and black. I could make a NICE graphic with this. The lettering of course, would be green, and I can already see the letter style. Actually, the letting MIGHT even be blue. The blue color of water will be on the bottom of the logo, and the letters will be on top. Good balance, and colorful array that will catch the eye. This would be embroidered like this on your shirts, as well. It would make people WANT to read what's on your shirt. That's how my shirts are...I find alot of people focusing their eyes on the logo to see what the shirt says.

out4now
10-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Name you have already sounds classy, anything else would detract from that. Just leave it.

teewolf
03-10-2005, 03:32 AM
Name you have already sounds classy, anything else would detract from that. Just leave it.

I agree with out4now...it emphasises your business just with the title..
If not..how about "Nature's wake up call"
P.S If you need assistance with your logo, drop me a line

drsogr
03-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree with out4now...it emphasises your business just with the title..
If not..how about "Nature's wake up call"
P.S If you need assistance with your logo, drop me a line

I like the slogan...but "nature's wake up call" sounds too much like natures calling! I have decided a while back to not use a slogan....thanks