PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet wb lawn vac

Bluefish
10-11-2004, 08:30 PM
I found a used CSV 260 for sale for $400 so I picked it up. I blew a bunch of leaves in a big line/pile and it munched them up no problem. I just plowed right into them. They were a bit wet too, I was actually trying to clog the thing to check it's limitations.

I have read many on this site dump on wb lawn vacs so I was hesitant but this seems to work quite well.

It has a 9hp Tecumseh XL engine, 3" chipper (works pretty well), self propelled with 6 forward and 2 rev speeds. The bag holds 4 bushels and is felt lined (dust free).

Biggest problem I can see is you cannot use it on uneven ground. But combo it with a good bp blower and it seems you could make good time. Not as nice as a big vac into a bed box, but I am hoping it comes in handy.

Anyone have good luck with one of these?

~fish

chefdrp
10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
i would like to see a pic.

Bluefish
10-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Here's a link (http://www.targettoolrental.com/CSV_260.htm).

Looks pretty standard except for the 9hp, most I have found only are around 5.5 to 6hp.

~fish

procut
10-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I have a Troy Bilt CSV. It seems to work pretty good. I supliment it with a couple Back Pack Bowers and a ZTR with a recycle kit and leaf removal goes pretty quick.

Remsen1
10-12-2004, 12:45 PM
That's a nice unit. I don't think the dumping on lawn-vacs was for units like that. The homeowner grade units get dumped on.