PDA

View Full Version : by the hr or job.

chefdrp
10-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I know i should do leaves by the hr but. I got to wondering that since i got this new blower will i be loosing money? I mean what would take me 1 hr to rake or use a B/P blower and tarp leaves to the woods took me just like 20 min to do today. I messed around at my Grannys house to see my toy in action. What do you do in this situation?http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=84793

bushtrimmer
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
charge more per hour. estimate 150 hrs of use. @7.50 per hour over normal, it's paid for this year. so charge 55 per hour and make u some $

dlandscaping
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I charge by the job. If you want to make even more per hour you have to do it by the job. Make it so that at ordinary pace, you make $55 or w/e per hour, but that leaves room for more if you go at a faster pace. This can be accomplished but only if you are very good at estimating.

DALMlawn&landscaping
10-12-2004, 12:50 AM
key word, you got a new piece of equipment, this means you gotta pay it off by charging extra for your new over-productivity, your old economic curve is normal, and as soon as you add that new blower, it goes way up, of course you charge more, but not too much, cause now that you're faster, you can do more jobs, ahhh! too much thinking... back to watching Farve's butt whooping...

tiedeman
10-12-2004, 01:06 AM
you should have a minimum charge no matter what, so even if it took you 20mins, charge the full hours rate

walker-talker
10-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Yes, charge more for the added equipment. You might eventually charge more and more, but you get done sooner. The client might not end up paying more, but you are going to be able to make more because now you are more efficient and will get finished in less time....being able to add more work to your day.

KenH
10-12-2004, 08:23 AM
I never charge by the hour. Charging by the job gives you an edge if you work more efficiently. There is no way to get ahead charging by the hour..................

walker-talker
10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
There is no way to get ahead charging by the hour..................
You might not get more than you want and you certainly wont get less than you want, but you know you are going to get what you want.

Gravely_Man
10-12-2004, 10:29 AM
The more and the better your equipment gets the more you will have to charge. True the better the equipment the less time per job which in turn means more jobs or you can work more quickly and charge more money. You can only get what your local market will bear.

Gravely_Man

KenH
10-12-2004, 06:45 PM
You might not get more than you want and you certainly wont get less than you want, but you know you are going to get what you want.

What would be my incentive to bust my but?????

environment
10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
ummmm, maybe the money, if you bust your butt and do three jobs instead of two, you made more money that day