PDA

View Full Version : New Cub 48/36

wriken
10-11-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't know how this scan will turn out, but here goes, new cub tank for 2005, 23 kohlor, both sides flip up to 35.5"s to get thru 36" gates. Pretty interesting, Some other manufacture makes something similar

wriken
10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
here is the spec side. The sides, are electric operated.

dwost
10-11-2004, 10:36 PM
That is a great design. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see a 54 and 60 with the same flip-deck feature. Maybe a 72?? I know most gated yards do not require a larger deck, however, I'm sure they would still sell a bunch. It would also save space on the trailer. Looks like a great idea.

wriken
10-12-2004, 08:46 AM
That is a great design. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see a 54 and 60 with the same flip-deck feature. Maybe a 72?? I know most gated yards do not require a larger deck, however, I'm sure they would still sell a bunch. It would also save space on the trailer. Looks like a great idea.

Ya I have no clue on the price, probably out of my price range. I do a gated yard that I wish I could get my 72" in it, but have to settle for a 36" hydo. I don't think the mower is for me, I don't do that many gated yards, but when I do get on a mower I prefer to ride. :)

landscapingpoolguy
10-13-2004, 04:52 PM
wow do you realize the equipment cost saving by having a machine like that.....the trailer space savings?i wonder what kinda collection system could be hooke dup to that?

Chuck

Jusmowin
10-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Around my area I have a lot of 36 inch gated yards an really wish I had a machine like that one. Sure wish Toro or Exmark would make something like that. HINT HINT :rolleyes:

wriken
10-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Around my area I have a lot of 36 inch gated yards an really wish I had a machine like that one. Sure wish Toro or Exmark would make something like that. HINT HINT :rolleyes:

just paint it red or red. :)

gogetter
10-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Lots of gates backyards in my area. Would do well here.
And it's cool that they made the wings electrically operated (I assume from operaters seat).

I really like seeing that the manufacturers are working to help make our jobs easier/more efficient. It's exciting to see new stuff coming out each year.

Thanks for sharing that Bernie!

TClawn
10-25-2004, 01:32 PM
with the way that both sides of the deck flip up I'd be worried about breaking or bending the deck.

this is just an observation from the picture. I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

I probably woud not do something like that myself, but if I had employees I would be worried.

TURF DOCTOR
10-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Dealer said the price in the low 5s man look what a engine you are holding.

mtdman
10-25-2004, 10:06 PM
That's a great idear, and I'm thinking about buying a tank next spring, too. Problem I have with it is the damned Kohler engine. I hate Kohlers. I think mtd/cub must have some kind of stock in that damned company.

:D

mtdman
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I talked to my dealer about this machine today. He said they saw it demoed at the tradeshow last month, and that it's the #1 piece of equipment they get questions about for next year. Told me that the deck folds right after the spindle on the deck, and that they blades aren't solid but rather pivoting. They swing out straight after they get up to speed, but when they aren't moving they fold back to make it 36 inches. Cool idear.

I told him that I was thinking about a new rider next year and to keep me in mind if they order any. He said they were going for around $5500, which is about $1500 cheaper than the tanks.

He also said that cub wasn't really focusing on walk behinds for the near future, but rather improving their line of riders. I guess that the demand for wbs has curtailed, and they want to expand on their zero turn equipment. Interesting.

wriken
10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
That's a great idear, and I'm thinking about buying a tank next spring, too. Problem I have with it is the damned Kohler engine. I hate Kohlers. I think mtd/cub must have some kind of stock in that damned company.

my newest 60" has a 27 Kohler on it, I really like it, quiet and fuel efficient. I have the 28 generac on my 2003 72", will be trading this off either this fall or in the spring, will have the 33 generac, wish they had a Kohler option for the 72", maybe they will or have one, I have'nt check on it yet. Make you a good deal on the 72" :)

Travis Followell
10-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Wriken, how do you like the Generac engines?

I have heard good and bad things about them. Have also heard that they are not very fuel efficient. If you wanted a 72" with a Kohler on it you would have to settle for a 28 hp EFI because that is the biggest engine Kohler makes but it isn't even available on the cub tanks. It looks like on the 72" cub, its a Generac or do without.

wriken
10-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Wriken, how do you like the Generac engines?

I have heard good and bad things about them. Have also heard that they are not very fuel efficient. If you wanted a 72" with a Kohler on it you would have to settle for a 28 hp EFI because that is the biggest engine Kohler makes but it isn't even available on the cub tanks. It looks like on the 72" cub, its a Generac or do without.
My generac is pretty good, but it does'nt like rain, but it does like gas, but then again it cuts alot of grass. I'm surprised on how much power it has, can't wait to see how the 33 hp, will be.

mtdman
10-26-2004, 09:52 PM
my newest 60" has a 27 Kohler on it, I really like it, quiet and fuel efficient. I have the 28 generac on my 2003 72", will be trading this off either this fall or in the spring, will have the 33 generac, wish they had a Kohler option for the 72", maybe they will or have one, I have'nt check on it yet. Make you a good deal on the 72" :)

I'm not sure what the heck I'd do with a 72 inch mower. Thanks though.

dcondon
11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
The 72" Wriken is talking about is the mower that I run and always have. The power is great but it does like the gas. I can put that mower just about the same place you can our 60". The ability to hold sideways on a bank is great. I think it scares me more then the mower. :) I'm going to miss that mower but i guess a new one isen't so bad!!! lol