PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Owners And Dealers

lafrance4078
10-12-2004, 01:25 AM
GRAVELY OWNERS AND DEALERS I am trying to sell a bd wb. older model pro 50 with the shifter on top. The motor is a new this season 14hp kawi it is a great mower, but I am moving up to a ztr maybe 160z I need to know what everyone thinks I can get for this mower. I live in TN. if it matters. THX

Soupy
10-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Didn't you just ask this question? I wish I could help you, but the only advice I have is to ask your local dealer what he thinks you could get for it. A good dealer would even let people starting out know about your mower.

Richard Martin
10-12-2004, 04:22 AM
That is an ancient walkbehind. You may be able to find someone that is just starting out to buy it for a few hundred dollars. Anybody who has been in the business a while probably wouldn't even take it for free.

Gravely_Man
10-12-2004, 11:42 AM
This will be a good mower for someone how is just starting out or wants a commercial mower to handle their own property. Your local dealer should be able to help you out.

Gravely_Man

lafrance4078
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
My local dealer has a contract with the city. He is not very interested in the other guys. Can't get much help from him at all. I am looking at buying a new 260Z but I will not be going to him when it is time to buy. Thanks guys

Wreak
10-14-2004, 12:06 AM
I just bought an older Gravely pro (not sure if it's a 50 or 150, etc) walk behind with a 50" deck with a single wheel velky (which needs a new tire). The manger said that it's probably a 1995 but since somebody just traded it in that morning he hadn't had a chance to look at it that much. I haven't picked it up yet nor did I check it out that much but when the guy told me $650 and showed it to me I was like "I'll take it". They are currently in the process of servicing it now, it needed a starter solenoid and a replacement hydro tank (I think) but the guy said it would be in perfect working condition when I picked it up in a couple of days. It has a B&S Vanguard Vtwin 16Hp engine which sounded good when he started it up. It looked in overall pretty good condition but can't remember if it was a pro50, 150, ?? I don't know the difference yet since I'm new and just wanted a nice walk behind to speed up my cuts.

It will come with a 30day warranty and they'll fix anything that goes wrong and if not they'll refund me the full amount.

crawdad
10-14-2004, 07:42 AM
My local dealer has a contract with the city. He is not very interested in the other guys. Can't get much help from him at all. I am looking at buying a new 260Z but I will not be going to him when it is time to buy. Thanks guys
How many dealers in your area? The one near me had no mowers or tractors in stock this summer when I went to get a mower deck belt.
How can you sell 'em if you can't show 'em?
Crawdad

lafrance4078
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Crawdad, I only know of one Gravely dealer in my area. K-Town. It is L & M Sales on Gov. John Sevier Hwy just east of Chapman Hwy. I did go back there the other day and they seemed to be a little more helpful. I am going to attempt establish a relationship with them. Let me know if I can get you some info on them or anything else.