PDA

View Full Version : Liability going up.....

tiedeman
10-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Ok, so I am mowing a commerical account today when I look across the street another LCO is mowing a commerical account as well and doing a strip(approx 7 feet wide) of grass along a curb. Well, when I mow commerical accounts I always stick the bagger on the mower because of liability reasons. I don't want to hit anyone or damage any vehicles.

This guy was running his exmark without a bagger just spraying the cars with dust, grass, and who knows what else. I just stood there and watched, I couldn't believe it. :dizzy:

Thought I would share :drinkup:

Richard Martin
10-12-2004, 04:14 AM
If you're going to do nothing else at least blow it into the street. I do my commercials before the businesses open so it's not an issue for me.

Runner
10-12-2004, 10:47 AM
It is utterly amazing seeing how many people operate like this, and just how stupid it is (not you, Richard, I mean the guy blasting it right out and into cars and theur paths). I see stuff like this all the time - either out into traffic, or toward a parking lot with traffic. I'll tell you what, anyone blows stuff on MY truck as I'm driving by, you can rest ASSURED that I'll be stopping.

Gravely_Man
10-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I have had grass and other debris blown all over my non-work truck before due to sloppy work. I greatly enjoyed the conversation I had with the owner of the company. That is not just dangerous doing this but also asking for a major issue.

Gravely_Man

Precision
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Like it has been said a million times. You don't have to be a genius to get into this line of work.

And for a very difficult job, you get lots of LAZY SOB's doing it.

Might want to mark it down as a place to solicit for business.