PDA

View Full Version : What is your #1 goal for the rest of this year?

tiedeman
10-12-2004, 03:46 AM
Lay it on me, what is your #1 goal for the rest of this year?

David Haggerty
10-12-2004, 04:07 AM
I want to become a homeless migrant unemployed worker from the green industry.

(I'm hitching the camper to the truck and going to Florida for the winter.)

Dave

rodfather
10-12-2004, 06:03 AM
My goal is to stay healthy...haven't missed one day all year.

John Gamba
10-12-2004, 07:19 AM
To get back on one of these.
John

Happy Winter!!!!

KenH
10-12-2004, 07:20 AM
My goal is to finish cleanups as quickly as possible.

CamLand
10-12-2004, 07:30 AM
My goal is to finish my lawn work and blend right into winter,And spend more time with my Family I now have a newborn son...

jpmako
10-12-2004, 08:26 AM
To somehow double my business for next year!

JB1
10-12-2004, 08:42 AM
A simple one, to just stay alive and healthy.

Liberty Lawncare
10-12-2004, 08:50 AM
To pass out lots of flyers (printing right now) get more leaf cleanup and snow plowing work. When cleanups are done clean prepare equipment for winter storage.

LwnmwrMan22
10-12-2004, 08:51 AM
A simple one, to just stay alive and healthy.

Here, here.

Soupy
10-12-2004, 09:51 AM
My goal is to finish my lawn work and blend right into winter,And spend more time with my Family I now have a newborn son...

Congrats on the newborn. Oh, how I remember those sleepless nights.

pwarren4
10-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Stay out of soup lines
:)

grassyfras
10-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Do some more sales. Pass community college.

wriken
10-12-2004, 11:02 AM
get the sled ready for anothe race season

FrankenScagMachines
10-12-2004, 11:14 AM
To make enough money in the leaves to not go under this winter! Will probably have to take an outside job this winter to make ends meet, and provide enough start up money for next spring as i go full time.

proenterprises
10-12-2004, 12:03 PM
To make enough money in the leaves to not go under this winter! Will probably have to take an outside job this winter to make ends meet, and provide enough start up money for next spring as i go full time.

i hear you eric, money does get tight during this time of the season. where are you thinking of working this season? are you going to be attending college next year, or in the biz full time? good luck.

work_it
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
I would like to make enough money so that I could afford a lap top computer for the truck so I wouldn't have to keep comming home just to log onto mapquest. I like to be the first one to place a bid when a potential customer calls, but this is getting very time consumming. What's worse is when they give you directions over the phone and they're wrong. :angry: Another goal is to make enough $$$ to get me through the winter. Enough said...time to get my butt back on the road and make a buck or two.

bobbygedd
10-12-2004, 01:55 PM
my short term goals include drinking beer, and watching the yankee game this evening. as far as the rest of the season, i'm hoping my wife makes enough money in the next few weeks, so that i don't have to deal with those dusty, messy leaves.

tx_angler
10-12-2004, 02:15 PM
I would like to make enough money so that I could afford a lap top computer for the truck so I wouldn't have to keep comming home just to log onto mapquest. I like to be the first one to place a bid when a potential customer calls, but this is getting very time consumming. What's worse is when they give you directions over the phone and they're wrong. :angry: Another goal is to make enough $$$ to get me through the winter. Enough said...time to get my butt back on the road and make a buck or two.

The laptop will cut down on a lot of things but how do you plan on connecting to the internet? Do you have WiFi Hotspots near you?

LwnmwrMan22
10-12-2004, 02:15 PM

Lap-top computers aren't that great. I had one, but it was always getting super dusty and hot in the truck when it's summertime. Had a portable printer, the whole deal to do all invoicing and bill pay on the spot.

I was always nervous that someone was going to bust out a window to steal it as well.

Just giving you a heads up.

Fescue Farmer
10-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Try as I might I just can't seem to mow a straight line! I think I'll focus on bendin' more stripes until the leaves cover them up!

environment
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I kinda like the swurvey lines, I have jumped on the bandwagon as well, and the customers really like it

as far as goals, i reached mine, to pick up 20 new maintenance clients this season

grasswhacker
10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I like strips that follow the landscape fwiw.

Up North
10-12-2004, 03:12 PM

Congrats Camland!! My goal is to build up some snowplow customers and try to convert them to mowing for next season. I need to ramp up the business as we hope to go full time next year. We had a good start this year, want to keep it rolling.

A real short term goal will be to nail a really nice buck this fall, as soon as my mowing wraps up hopefully I'll be able to spend some more time in the woods.

Buck

ToroLover
10-12-2004, 03:17 PM
my short term goals include drinking beer, and watching the yankee game this evening. as far as the rest of the season, i'm hoping my wife makes enough money in the next few weeks, so that i don't have to deal with those dusty, messy leaves.

I'd rather pick up dusty messy leaves than to pick stinky garbage.

environment
10-12-2004, 03:20 PM
ya know what, that is a good goal to set now, I have no plowing accounts yet, well i could have residentail from my mgnt clients easily, but i only want commercial, i have a very large fisher v-plow, that is honestly to big for some residential driveways, i want a nice wide-open lot of some sort that is close to home.

olderthandirt
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
To spread cheer and joy through out the world, Feed a Hungry family, clothe someone less fortunate , and get even with my enemys if I should ever make any.

Mac

GreenMonster
10-12-2004, 03:45 PM

Congrats on the new addition, and the goal as well. I have the same one.

OBTW,
:bday:

bobbygedd
10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
toro, i was talking about leaves, why did u have to bring your dirty underwear into this?

Precision
10-12-2004, 05:27 PM
work it.

You don't need a laptop to get maps as needed. Most all counties in the US have those 50 page mapbooks all nice and neat. Big zoom and a wide one with the page numbers on it. All streets are indexed. They run about $30-35 at any decent book store or even Walmart. Alot cheaper than the Laptop.

Soupy
10-12-2004, 05:39 PM
work it.

You don't need a laptop to get maps as needed. Most all counties in the US have those 50 page mapbooks all nice and neat. Big zoom and a wide one with the page numbers on it. All streets are indexed. They run about $30-35 at any decent book store or even Walmart. Alot cheaper than the Laptop.

I was going to suggest the same thing. These books run under $15 in my area. They can be found at a lot of Convenience stores too.

proenterprises
10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing. These books run under $15 in my area. They can be found at a lot of Convenience stores too.

true, although at times mapquest is easier to follow. i always wondered how you guys had laptops in your trucks, especially with the heat and all inside the cab. the concept is excellent, print bill and submit on the spot. i guess everything has its quirks. :dizzy:

dlandscaping
10-12-2004, 05:55 PM
To take in enough $ to last the winter and into next spring, for all payments, gas and non planned expenses. Living stress free is the best.

environment
10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
i could only dream of the day that is possible

John Gamba
10-12-2004, 07:40 PM

Thats what i did for three years at the beginning.

John

John Gamba
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
To take in enough $ to last the winter and into next spring, for all payments, gas and non planned expenses. Living stress free is the best.

______________________________________________________________ :alien:

ALarsh
10-12-2004, 07:50 PM
I met my financial goals set for this year. My next goal for start of next season is commercial equipment and I have already set my financial goal for next year.

John Gamba
10-12-2004, 07:53 PM
I met my financial goals set for this year. My next goal for start of next season is commercial equipment and I have already set my financial goal for next year.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

John :drinkup:

shepoutside
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
To sit in this seat for a while

ChadA
10-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Congrats on your new son.

My wife and I are working on our first if you know what I mean.

HOOLIE
10-12-2004, 08:05 PM
I'd like to be Britney Spears' next husband... :)

Eric 1
10-12-2004, 08:24 PM
More payup payup payup payup

coastallandscapesolutions
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
1. To get far enough ahead to take two weeks off in August to ride this in the SE Posse ride in 2005.

http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/56ad47f2dbe30c/www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/CVOP/images/en/2005_img_FLHTCSE_color3.jpg

2. To get the new Dodge Powerwagon for a tow rig.

http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/05_power_wagon_article.jpg

GrassBustersLawn
10-12-2004, 09:06 PM
HAGGERTY

Need any help in FLORIDA? I'll be glad to keep you company. I especially like the FL Keys area. I'll bring the scuba gear!

Mike

michigan mulcher
10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Leaf Cleanup until 3" of snow. After that, ice fish, sleep,eat good,fire up the woodstove. Maybe a trip to Vegas, ha ha.

CJ GreenScapes
10-12-2004, 09:45 PM
A real short term goal will be to nail a really nice buck this fall...
Buck

Yep, me too!

chefdrp
10-12-2004, 09:58 PM
i need to generate a few more customers so i can go full time in the spring. I mean i am going full time i just need to make it work.

Wrinken Nice sled. What size snopro is that cat. I have a 500 ZR. We have a great trail system here in western NY.

wriken
10-13-2004, 12:14 AM
i need to generate a few more customers so i can go full time in the spring. I mean i am going full time i just need to make it work.

Wrinken Nice sled. What size snopro is that cat. I have a 500 ZR. We have a great trail system here in western NY.

its a 440, we race ovals against alot of 600's
we did pretty good last year, should be better this year, pulled some tricks out of the hat. Probably be the last year with this sled, I like the zr platform, not sure if I will move to a firecat :)

out4now
10-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Finish with the community college and get on to upper division calsses. Sick of school.