PDA

View Full Version : Proper care for sodded lawn

wildbill_01
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I am building a house and having the lawn sodded sometime in January or February. This is in Texas by the way. My question is knowing the time of year, what care tips would you recommend to properly care for the lawn (Ex. fertlizing, cutting, etc.) Thanks for your responses.

MMLawn
10-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi. Since you said that you are "having it done" I assume you are using a Licensed and Insured Lawn Care/Landscaping Professional, so they should set you up and be able to answer all care questions that you will have about the new lawn based on the exacts of that lawn and the area in which you live.

Good luck.

drsogr
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
If you are having it done...the guy should be able to tell you all you need to know..and then some! Really with sod, once the dirt work is done and the sod is laid. Water, Fertilize, and mow!

Fantasy Lawns
10-12-2004, 04:25 PM
St. Aug. correct ??

Best advice I can say is .... water good for 2 weeks n don't cut for 4-6 weeks (shouldn't grow much in Jan -Feb)

When they "throw" it make sure that they "kick it" well good n don't overlap the seams .... nothing worse than a "bumby" lawn