PDA

View Full Version : Bent my ztr deck / need a used one!!

T.E.
10-12-2004, 07:20 PM
I bent the deck on my 52" ztr does anyone know where I might get a used one, or one from someone else other than a dealer? The dealer wants $969.00 for one. Thanks, Tony

environment
10-12-2004, 07:22 PM
how bad is it dented, I remember years back, my mother drove my father 48 off a 4ft high rock wall, dented is bad, he actually was able to bring it to his welder and salvage it, they somehow bent it back and added reinforcement to the areas that got really bad

T.E.
10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
i've tried too bend it back but its pretty bad. so far no luck

FrankenScagMachines
10-12-2004, 10:00 PM
what year, brand, model and size is the mower? i'd take it to a fabrication/welding shop and at least have them look at it. I'm betting it can be fixed, I'd about put money on it actually. Anything can be fixed and mower decks are pretty easy, just make sure it's square and straight when they're done.

STAN1366
10-12-2004, 10:38 PM
What about going to a body shop? I once "forgot" to lock the brakes on my 48" wb. It rolled out the back of my truck. The discharge chute caught the tailgate and it came down on an angle. Hit the left rear corner of the engine deck on the ground while the chute was caught on the tailgate. Bent it so bad the right front wheel was 6" off the ground. Took it to a welding shop and he welded "legs" to the corners of the engine deck and then to a steel road plate. This kept the rear of the mower parallel to the ground. Then he used a loader bucket to push the mower deck back down. It wasn't pretty, but it worked! Think it cost $100 to do it. Give it a shot.

LwnmwrMan22
10-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Yep, done that many times, either go to a welding shop, fabricating shop, or a car-frame straightening shop, been to all 3 over the years. :)

Anyways, usually just have to heat it up a LITTLE and bend it back.

Envy Lawn Service
10-12-2004, 11:54 PM
The main question is.... Is the deck top bent?

Do some hard core investigation....

T.E.
10-13-2004, 12:22 AM
thanks for the replys, i will try some of your ideas. no the top is not bent. where it is bent is in the front of the deck near the discharge. so that the corner of the discharge is plowing the ground. the areas where the spindles are located are not bent just the corner. thanks Tony

vipermanz
10-13-2004, 03:56 AM
take it to a weldor, you could have it fixed in under an hour

LwnmwrMan22
10-13-2004, 01:05 PM
thanks for the replys, i will try some of your ideas. no the top is not bent. where it is bent is in the front of the deck near the discharge. so that the corner of the discharge is plowing the ground. the areas where the spindles are located are not bent just the corner. thanks Tony

Do you mean the front corner is bent down in the front side of the discharge chute??

If that's the case, a large pipe wrench with a piece of pipe on it, you can just bend that right back yourself.

It may not be perfectly straight, but at least you can use your machine.

Avery
10-13-2004, 02:17 PM
You got lucky. My guys bent one last month. Cost me $1300 time all was said and done.

Gravely_Man
10-13-2004, 02:37 PM
This is time to take the problem to a professional and let them take care of it. Not saying you canít do a good job but this is a serious issue and whatever you pay them to look at it is money well spent.

Gravely_Man

T.E.
10-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, after spending most of the morning on it, I decided to take it in to the shop. They said, that they should be able to fix it no problem. The problem with the corner being bent, and not being able to fix it with a pipe wrench. The way it is bent is more like the steel has stretched length wise so a good idea won't work here, but hopefully it will be usable. Thanks for the replys. Tony