PDA

View Full Version : important cleanup question

environment
10-12-2004, 07:03 PM
ok, if you do maintenance for a client, and they dont want a fall cleanup, are you pretty much screwed into doing it anyway, to a degree at least, for example, just because your not cleaning out the beds, you have to blow off the lawn in order to cut the grass, any way to get around that

Branchland
10-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Ask if they just want the leaves mulched. Or tell the, that's what you will do without leaf clean up. No need getting them up before you mow if they're not paying and it's been agreed on.

lqmustang
10-12-2004, 07:19 PM
If the customer doesn't want me to take care of the leaves, they get mowed over until either the grass stops growing or the leaves get too thick to mow effectively. Leaves left over on the walks and drives get blown back into the lawn.

environment
10-12-2004, 07:28 PM
that sounds like a plan, i think they will sign up for leaf removal in that case

oneandonlyjojo
10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
i mow over the leaves regardless every week mower sucks them up without a problem

DennisF
10-12-2004, 07:44 PM
If a customer says no to a fall clean-up then the leaves stay where they are. The leaves on the grass get mulched and the rest stay in the beds. Anything on the paved surfaces is blown into the lawn.

l1011100
10-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Okay, what do you do to charge them for cleanup. I have a few customers that dont like the leaves in the lawn so I mulch what is in my way then blow the rest into their woods. This does take some extra time. Its almost easier to say $350 for a cleanup after all the leaves fall. What do you guys do, give them a rate per mow when the leaves come down or just do it by the hour.

proenterprises
10-12-2004, 08:51 PM
just do what you always do, show up every week you would normally come to mow and just cut the grass. whatever leaves are on the lawn get mulched, just as you pass over as if you were mowing. blow off the drive and walk as usual. as soon as the mowing period is up, dont do anything else.

qualitylandscaping
10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
I just started doing weekly fall cleanup visits. Have the Peco bagger system mounted on the Z-Two.

All lawns are assessed an additional 45% (dump on property) or 85% (haul away) of their weekly mowing rate to bag all leaves on the lawn. This is weekly so there is never alot to take care of. Full cleanup is done at the end of the season (mid november) and leaves are blown out of beds and lawn is bagged one more time.

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-13-2004, 06:16 AM
I am not far from what Quality states.....If the client is a $30 lawn for mowing then I really try to get them to let me double cut on a weekly basis for an additional $20. For my lawns that normally takes me 20-25 minutes it only adds about 10 minutes.

Also in the Fall string trimming can be done every other week so that also saves me time overall.

This year because of the lack of rain the grass is not growing.....and leaves seem to be falling very slowly..........that might mean a longer leaf season....

Derek

David Haggerty
10-13-2004, 06:41 AM
enviroment; Where in the world are you? With your concern about leaves I'd guess Pennsylvania.

Dave

environment
10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
northern jersey
but suprisingly the leaves are coming down like mad in wayne nj which is 45 min. east of me