PDA

View Full Version : City Contracts?

ChadA
10-12-2004, 07:58 PM
In The area I live in there are a lot of medians on one of the main roads that need cut pretty bad. I know it's city property but who do I contact about mowing it. Thanks for any help you can give.

Travis Followell
10-12-2004, 08:13 PM
You could start by going to the city street department. They could definately tell you who you need to talk to about it.

bushtrimmer
10-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Usually low bid work. Good for scrubs. We have to have a real good reason for doing it just to bid on it.
If you do bid on it, try to get the last two years bids on it to make an intelligent bid.

Fantasy Lawns
10-12-2004, 10:28 PM
You more than likely have a county 'web site" were you can get on the "bidders list" ... it is gonn be the lowest bid .... n fore the most part larger companies are gonna get it as they have larger monthly incomes which allows them to have lower over head cost .... n generaly pay the labor less ... thus have greater turn over

One of our local larger LCO's has a turn over of +200 employees each summer .... n I've bid against them .... not to say the size but on a bid last summer I came in at $3200 per month .... with a larger of $3800 n the winner ==> ...... $2200 per month