PDA

View Full Version : BaseBall Fields

NelsonLandworks
10-12-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm watching the Yanks/Sox game right now and noticed how perfectly streight the lines were. Any idea how they get them so streight? Thanks guys
Wes

rodfather
10-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Yup, those stripes are indeed straight...gotta be guys that don't drink IMO

fivestarlawnken
10-12-2004, 11:14 PM
They use a 3 or 5 reel mower set up. These patterns at Yankee stadium are mowed daily and the pattern is just burnt in.Sometimes to cheat they use a light roller to highlight the effect.I took care of NCAA field for five years a while back and would burn some nice patterns by end of April.

impactlandscaping
10-12-2004, 11:23 PM
I wonder how many turf managers are using GPS yet? That would be one way for exact stripe placement. But they look that good because the guy doing it does it all the time.

jsaunders
10-12-2004, 11:32 PM
BAD BAD BAD night for the soxs. Yankees suck but they always seem to win- Great 8-2 in the 7th:( Joel

jsaunders
10-12-2004, 11:39 PM
now it's 8-5 :/

NelsonLandworks
10-13-2004, 01:27 PM
thanks for the info guys-by the way, do you know of a good place to find a push reel mower? thanks,
Wes

jbequer
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I have tall fescue. My problem is that the stripes are very faint. I am using a big league rollong kit, which i have used on my front yard and works great. The problem that i have is that in the back yard the grass does not tend to grow up. it seems to grow side ways in some areas making it difficult to se stripes well. This lawn was put down at the same time as my front. I am not sure exactly why the growth is different. I am cutting at 3 1/2 inch height with a 1/4 front pitch. What are some things that i can do to help stripe. I cut south to north and on the second mow i cut angled to not keep the same tracks. I have noticed that on the south to north cut, striping is much more noticable. On the angled cut no striping is apparent. Should i continue to cut south to north varying my tracks by 5 inches or so, or should i continue cut angled every other time? Please help this is very frustrating. I know i have the correct lawn for striping, but obviously i am doing something wrong. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks J.B.

oneandonlyjojo
10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
They use a 3 or 5 reel mower set up. These patterns at Yankee stadium are mowed daily and the pattern is just burnt in.Sometimes to cheat they use a light roller to highlight the effect.I took care of NCAA field for five years a while back and would burn some nice patterns by end of April.

if thats the case how come most fields u see now have a diff design everytime they are on tv . i just think they been working on the field for a century and can do it blind folded