PDA

View Full Version : ZTR help

tbillow
10-12-2004, 10:29 PM
just got a toro z-master 252L 62" SFS ZTR.

I am still figuring out how to turn - I have bald spots everywhere because I was "zero" turning, after reading through historic posts I now know to do "Y" turns and not that many people actually do zero turns due to turf damage.

I still have not figured out how to trim around trees/wells/propane tank covers, seems like when I get the deck close the back tires end up hitting what I am trimming around, so I end up going in and out to try and trim around these things which does not seem efficient.

:help: I am sure there must be a trick to trimming around these type of things without rubbing my back tires. Please help. :help:

I love the mower - holds the hills great and is very fast, just need to improve my technique

fixer67
10-12-2004, 10:51 PM
I thank that is just one of these things that people can tell you tips and tricks until doomsday but the only way is just to get on it and practice. The first Walker I got on I wrecked it (plowed into the shop fence) but now it comes just as easy as walking. I know an LCO that has old tires in back of his shop that he make his new works drive around until they get it right. It just takes time.

Travis Followell
10-13-2004, 08:35 AM
I agree with fixer 67, it just takes time. Keep practicing and you'll eventually get it.

MisterLandscape
10-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Always keep the wheels moving when turning either slighty forward or backwards depending on the turning needs. Never just let one wheel stop when you turn that causes digging. Check your tire pressure and make sure they are inflated per TORO's SPECS not the specs on the tire. Tires not properly inflated will cause poor performance including digging on turns.

Steve