PDA

View Full Version : Can't Afford A New Dump Truck?

Sean Adams
10-13-2004, 12:59 PM
There is nothing more annoying and nothing more inefficient than shoveling and raking things out of the back of a pick-up truck. Everyone has probably been there at one time or another, sweating and mumbling they wish they had a dump to do this work. Well, you have to check out TruckCraft. they are the manufacturers of just about any bed-type or accessory you can imagine.

Give them a look at www.truckcraft.com and see if they have what you need - I'm guessing they do!

irishgoldcleanups
12-20-2005, 09:31 AM
can anybody help me find one in the long island area for about $4000? i need it asap!!!:help: :help:
i just started the business and paid for a years worth of advertising in a local paper. and am getting a large number of calls requeting an estimate. i sold my personal vehicle three days ago and had no calls prior to that. now i am getting calls at an unbeleivable rate but can do nothing about it due to no truck.

J&R Landscaping
12-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Keep your eye on ebay! I found quite a few trucks in that area and they have a 1991 F250 with a dump insert on the commercial truck; dump truck section of ebay motors! I am not sure were it is located but it might be worth it!
IMO a full size pickup would probably do for now depending on what kind of services your potential customers want.

Best of luck!

Joe
J&R Lawn and Landscaping

irishgoldcleanups
12-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Keep your eye on ebay! I found quite a few trucks in that area and they have a 1991 F250 with a dump insert on the commercial truck; dump truck section of ebay motors! I am not sure were it is located but it might be worth it!
IMO a full size pickup would probably do for now depending on what kind of services your potential customers want.

Best of luck!

Joe
J&R Lawn and Landscaping

thanks everybody . i found a truck 10 miles from my house for $3000.
A 1988 FORD F450 DUALLY 8'X12' STAKE BODY DUMP WITH 460 GAS MOTOR
5 SPEED IT NEEDS A LITTLE WORK I PUT NEW 3 FUEL PUMPS IN NEW ALTERNATOR BATTERY ALTERNOTOT WIRING HARNESS. NOW ITS IN THE SHOP FOR A NEW CLUTCH AND SYNCROS. BUSINESS SLOW NOW SO I DECIDED TO DO IT BEFORE IT GOES WHEN I AM BUSY CLUTCH WAS OK BUT THE THROW OUT BEARING WAS SHOT, AND 4TH GEAR GRINDS ALONG WITH REVERSE

irishgoldcleanups
12-29-2005, 10:35 AM

Best of luck!

Joe
J&R Lawn and Landscaping

thanks everybody . i found a truck 10 miles from my house for $3000.
A 1988 FORD F450 DUALLY 8'X12' STAKE BODY DUMP WITH 460 GAS MOTOR
5 SPEED IT NEEDS A LITTLE WORK I PUT NEW 3 FUEL PUMPS IN NEW ALTERNATOR, BATTERY .ALTERNATOR WIRING HARNESS, NOW ITS IN THE SHOP FOR A NEW CLUTCH AND SYNCROS. BUSINESS SLOW NOW SO I DECIDED TO DO IT BEFORE IT GOES WHEN I AM BUSY CLUTCH WAS OK BUT THE THROW OUT BEARING WAS SHOT, AND 4TH GEAR GRINDS ALONG WITH REVERSE