PDA

View Full Version : Finding Clients in lawn service rich environment

ParadiseLawn&Landscaping
10-13-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm starting a mowing business in Topeka, How does one get clients that are happy with there current mowing service. I've been calling everyone and they're happy. Help needed
Thanks

MMLawn
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
It takes a while, a lot of time and spent money to get a good client base. Use the search feature on this site and you will finds tons of info on this very subject. Also have the correct equipment to do the job.

Also I will tell you that trying to get new customers is something that you must always be doing and that we all are doing on a constant basis to grow the business. HOWEVER knowingly Calling another repectable LCO's known customer and trying to steal them as you have implied in your post that you have been doing is not a good leg to start off on. :nono: If a customer is happy with their current LCO there is no reason for them to use you or anyone else.

Remsen1
10-13-2004, 01:33 PM
He didn't say he was stealing, nor did he indicate that he was stealing GAWD let's not start that debate again!

Gravely_Man
10-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Cold calling customerís is one of the many methods of getting customers. Advertising in the phone book, newspapers, on your truck and in stores are other options for getting clients.

Gravely_Man

MMLawn
10-13-2004, 02:08 PM
How does one get clients that are happy with there current mowing service.

Not "stealing" another LCO's customer there Remsen1? Then what would you call this above statement that he made? He specifically ask about getting customers of Current LCO's here.

Now maybe that is not what he intended and why I also answered his question, BUT it is clearly what he said.

JustMowIt
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm starting a mowing business in Topeka, How does one get clients that are happy with there current mowing service. I've been calling everyone and they're happy. Help needed
Thanks

If you will email us at office@justmowit.com, I will share with you a powerful way we acculmulate customers at a very low cost.

MJ

mastercare
10-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Okay, I've posted this before, and I hope it works for others as well as it has me. When you advertise made sure your flyer/ad mentions you'll do vacation cuts. In my area, nobody does this. So, I get calls for vacation cuts. I go to the customer's house, figure out what I'd normally charge, then add 40% because its a one-time deal. Ask how many weeks they need it cut for. If they tell you 2 weeks, tell them that you have a minimum of 3 cuts. They'll agree to it every time. Then, tell them that the price is a bit higher than normal becuase you don't have a seasonal agreement with them. Then, give them your price for a weekly cut...much cheaper. You might pick some up that way. If not, they'll come home to a beautifully cut lawn, and at this point, they haven't had to do the work in over a month. A lot of people will realize how nice it looks, and realize its easier to pay someone than to do it themselves. You'll start picking up customers this way.

If you don't get them this way....hey, you picked up 3 cuts at a 40% premium, and they'll call you next year when they go on vacation or business again.

Personally, I think its easier to pick up new customers who used to cut their own lawn. You'll get a lot more objections from do-it-yourselfers, but once they realize how nice it is not to fire up a lawn mower all year, they'll be hooked on this luxury service we provide. People with existing lco's, have gotten used to having it done, and as long as they're happy...you won't get them to switch. Be the guy they won't cancel on.

ParadiseLawn&Landscaping
10-13-2004, 04:33 PM
MMLawn,

I NEVER said that was trying to steal anyones customers. i said that everyone that i was calling was happy so i said THANK YOU and went on calling. What I was asking was how do you find customers that don't have LCO's or the ones that aren't happy with there (your) service :cool:

MMLawn
10-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Then you worded it wrong because you said what i posted though :)

Door hangers, flyers, mailers, bulk mail, yellow page ad(s), newpaper ads.

Also as I said if you will do a search you will find lots of good and useful info on this site on this subject.