PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on broken rotor head

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
10-13-2004, 02:49 PM
I know next to nothing about irrigation systems. While I was mowing last week I ran over a sprinkler head that was stuck in the up position. Not fully up but high enough to cut it off, but low enough to not see it until it was inches from the deck of the mower. Well I tried to stop but couldnt in time so I broke the head. From what I can tell it is a rotor head sprinkler. Not sure who makes it, but the house has a variety of sprikler brand parts from toro to rainbird. My question is are most of the fittings on the bottom of rotor sprinker heads the same diameter? thread patter? male or female connection? Im going to replace it for him but not sure how easy it will be to find a head to replace whats comming out. Hopefully I can just buy a head and not have to replace a fitting or a connection to make it work. Thanks for any input.

TClawn
10-13-2004, 03:56 PM
if the casing around the rotor isn't cracked you can just buy another sprinkler, unscrew the cap that goes around the casing and take out the body and install it in the old casing. adjust the rotation with a screw driver and your done.

if you can't figure out what to do from my bad explanation, shoot me a PM and I'll send you some pics on how to do it.