PDA

View Full Version : Plastic sides(Brinkman)

grassyfras
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I was at my dealer the other day while Brinkman had a truck sitting in the parking lot. It was flatbed with their regular brown side neatly done. I went up closer and saw that they were plastic. Anyone know where to get somethng like this or special order it? How much would this even cost? I just saw it and that it was a good idea and much sturdier also stayes nicer looking from year to year.

JKOOPERS
10-13-2004, 06:54 PM
u think the plastic is sturdier than wood ?

mdb landscaping
10-13-2004, 07:56 PM
i interned with brickman and i can attest that the plastic breaks over time just like wood does. in fact on some of the trucks they were switching back to wood after the plastic ones broke. a pro to the sides was they sure were a lot lighter. i dont know where they purchased them though.

bam
10-13-2004, 09:23 PM
manning truck outside kentucky has them. manning is a large upfitter for ford.

downside is that to outfit a truck like brickman with an 8' flatbed will cost around $2400. The wood ones are typically oak slats and uprights.

The plastic slats are very durable, although in the winter the uprights are very brittle and break easily. The best combination would be to use oak as an upright support and to use a plastic to create a gate.

grassyfras
10-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info. Way to expensive for my opperation right now to do the whole truck.