PDA

View Full Version : Do these cables break on you?

25nbl
10-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Is there any way to fix traction cables, throttles cables, or kill switch cables on 21" Toro's?? On each end of these cables, is this crappy thin metal which seems to break every so often, and I can't stand it since the cables are not very cheap. I go through probally 8-10 a year and they aren't cheap. Why the hell doesn't Toro make the end of the cable steel or a hard metal.....because they want to screw us all on parts!!!! Seriously, is there anything anybody has done to fix these darn cables without buying new ones, and I mean a permanent fix? I just think it is such a big scam because they know they are going to break over time for sure!!!

bushtrimmer
10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
We break em also, not nearly that often, maybe 1 or two a year between 4 personal pace 21" toros. I think a majority of the problem is that they are not commercial mowers, so we accept the quality.

JEFF ZALMANOFF
10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
the new cables are better ,they are steel on the end ,rather then pot metal or whatever they were, also i found that if you dont go over curbs by lifting or tilting the sliding handle part but buy moving it with the fixed part of the handle below , just be careful not to pinch your hands ,

25nbl
10-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Steel on these cables? Where? I just bought some new ones last week and they are still that cheap crappy pot metal.