PDA

View Full Version : tracking employee performance

HBFOXJr
10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
I originally posted this question on the Alocet user to user website for QXpress. I think it is interesting enough to talk about here in general and perhaps there are some QX users here too.

Last Sunday between 5-6am I stumbled on a micro economics show on PBS television. The content excited me. They were reviewing what a restraurant had done tracking margins, sales, time and employee performance.

One thing they tracked was sales per hour of the wait staff. Employees with the best sales per hour were given priority scheduling. This method encourages upselling of premium wines by the galss, appetizer, desserts and daily specials along with getting off the clock as quickly as posssible. Good thinking.

I'm now into my sprinkler winterizations and have the guys logging all their time on the pda including travel. From the time they walk in the office to pick up their daily route to the time they walk in to hand in their work they are tracking.

Only problem is I don't have a clue how to track or utilize this data. Do I have any helpers? How about moving this data to QB for payroll? I'm pretty sure all of this can be done.

Other considerations: I also have a payroll items called shop time, personal, sick etc. Shop time is for rainy day equipment repair, helping out in the office, etc. So I guess I need to add some item(s) in QX for them to log in and out of.

Security question? What keeps an employee from double dipping by logging into 2 jobs or tasks at the same time and accumulating more working hours than actual clock hrs???