PDA

View Full Version : Rain Wind and leaves

BMFD92
10-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I just looked at the forecast for my area. Rain today and tomorrow then gusty winds this weekend and showers all next week. I can still cut but its gonna be quite a pain and blowing wet leaves is hard enough. When its windy its even harder. I try to blow with the wind but that always puts me in a bad spot. All the guys that help me are bailing out because of sports or just to lazy. At least next season I should have my Walker and a full time employee who i start training this winter. How do you guys make the best of this situtation.

bobbygedd
10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
act of god surcharge. i can't walk on water, turn it to wine, or make the winds and rain stop. make sure you get paid for everything you do. if the 2 hour cleanup turns into a 4 hr job, because of weather, the price goes up.

LwnmwrMan22
10-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Don't do that many, and do them on good days. Also, get wide open lots with few trees and let God take care of the leaves for you, yet drive around with a bagger so you can still charge the full clean-up fee.

lqmustang
10-14-2004, 02:18 PM
That's what I use the weather forecast for. Saw that the weather was gonna suck at the end of the week, so I increased my efforts, and got everything done by this afternoon. :) Let it rain, I can stay dry now, and we could use some rain anyway. Been pretty dry here for the last 3 weeks.

rodfather
10-14-2004, 05:05 PM
act of god surcharge.

LMAO...good one bg. BTW, how many surcharges do you figure you have by now???

bobbygedd
10-14-2004, 05:10 PM
i got alot of them. i have this one lady, i emailed her yesterday. i told her in addition to the grass this week, there will be a twig and leaf surcharge. if this is a problem, let me know now BEFORE we come this week. i aint no slave.

jpp
10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
act of god surcharge. i can't walk on water, turn it to wine, or make the winds and rain stop. make sure you get paid for everything you do. if the 2 hour cleanup turns into a 4 hr job, because of weather, the price goes up.

Thanks for the laughs. I always enjoy reading your posts.

JP

Runner
10-14-2004, 07:51 PM
LOL! Don't forget the E-mail surcharge for letting her know! :)

qualitylandscaping
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Take a day off. I'm not planning on working all day tomorrow because its supposed to be really cold, windy and rainy for most of the day.

Better to take a day off then to work in the cold, get sick and need to take a week off.