View Full Version : Non-Stick grass spray

desert rose gardening
10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi, Anybody ever try the non-stick spray out on the market to keep grass from sticking to the bottom of our decks? If so, how did it work and are you still using it.

10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Don't waste your money on that when there is something cheaper that works as good and probably even better.

As I have posted on here dozens of times and many folks have tried and agreed with (and if you do a Search there are many threads on this subject) ALL you need is PAM Spray.....Yep regular old cooking non-stick spray. I personally use the Store Brand as it is only about .99 and last a LONG TIME for this use.

10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
LoL i was just thinking about that the other day while scraping wet grass the dried up off the deck. How many lawns can you do with a spraying of Pam before having to respray?

10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
WD40 works as well

10-14-2004, 11:36 AM
On how long it last I have never really looked at that. What I do is just respray whenever I think about it, change or sharpen the blades, grease the spindles or service the engine (oil).

10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
After cleaning under the deck earlier this year (July sometime) I noticed all the rust under the crud I scraped off. Just for S***s and giggles I sprayed some penetrant (PBBlaster I think) on the deck. I also had an old spray can of white lithium grease that I emptied over the penetrant. To my surprise I haven't had to clean since! Go figure.

10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Does Pam work that well?

10-15-2004, 11:40 AM
As pointe out some use Pam and other cooking sprays. I have found that double blades help to reduce the amount of build up under the deck. Just make sure whatever spray you use will not harm the lawn.