PDA

View Full Version : Non-Stick grass spray

desert rose gardening
10-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi, Anybody ever try the non-stick spray out on the market to keep grass from sticking to the bottom of our decks? If so, how did it work and are you still using it.

MMLawn
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Don't waste your money on that when there is something cheaper that works as good and probably even better.

As I have posted on here dozens of times and many folks have tried and agreed with (and if you do a Search there are many threads on this subject) ALL you need is PAM Spray.....Yep regular old cooking non-stick spray. I personally use the Store Brand as it is only about .99 and last a LONG TIME for this use.

KathysLGC
10-14-2004, 10:03 AM
LoL i was just thinking about that the other day while scraping wet grass the dried up off the deck. How many lawns can you do with a spraying of Pam before having to respray?

dwost
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
WD40 works as well

MMLawn
10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
On how long it last I have never really looked at that. What I do is just respray whenever I think about it, change or sharpen the blades, grease the spindles or service the engine (oil).

orangejbird
10-15-2004, 09:25 AM
After cleaning under the deck earlier this year (July sometime) I noticed all the rust under the crud I scraped off. Just for S***s and giggles I sprayed some penetrant (PBBlaster I think) on the deck. I also had an old spray can of white lithium grease that I emptied over the penetrant. To my surprise I haven't had to clean since! Go figure.

jcb287
10-15-2004, 09:58 AM
MMLAWN,
Does Pam work that well?

Gravely_Man
10-15-2004, 10:40 AM
As pointe out some use Pam and other cooking sprays. I have found that double blades help to reduce the amount of build up under the deck. Just make sure whatever spray you use will not harm the lawn.

Gravely_Man