PDA

View Full Version : Blade Sharpeners

GRASSCHOPPERS
05-26-2000, 11:50 AM
I know this was talked about before but i couldnt find it under the search i need to know what brand blade sharpener works the best and how easy is it to use? can you get them mail order or local dealer? Thanks Corey

AB Lawn Care
05-26-2000, 12:02 PM
I own an RBG grinder.So do sevral guys on this fourm.As far as I know it is the best out there.To answer you question it is easy,quick and does an qwsome job!You simply flick the swich on the machine.And slide the blade back and forth untill you feel they are sharp.You also can set the angle at which you want the blade sharpened.It has a super heavy engine and flywheel.The wheel on it spins for over a minute after you turn off the engine.Since I live in Canada I don't know where you could or should get you grinder,But ask the other guys.Eric ELM owns a RBG and he may have some input.Hope this answers your question.<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

Guido
05-26-2000, 03:58 PM
I saw those RBG Blade Grinders in the new Mow More Landscape Supply catalog I got a couple months ago. They range from $300- $700. I hear they are pretty easy to use too. There Phone # to order a catalog is 1-800-866-9667. or WWW.mowmore.com Its a great catalog...check it out!<p><p>300-700<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

Eric ELM
05-26-2000, 06:55 PM
The RGB grinder is made by Wall Enterprises and I got mine which is the Pro Model for $404.00 from A M Leonards, no tax, and no shipping and got it in 3 days. They have cheaper models, but you can't sharpen as long of a blade with them. By the way, put SHARPEN in your search and you will find all the posts on Sharpening Blades. Here is the link to AM Leonards so you can see the Grinder I purchased. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.amleo.com/help-desk/item.php?bg218&quot;&gt;Blade Sharpener.&lt;/a&gt;<br> <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

cantoo
05-26-2000, 11:27 PM
Hey Adam, where did you get your grinder? I'm thinking of getting one, does it work for the Walker blades? I just ordered some Walker blades from my local motorcycle dealer, he is about $6 a blade cheaper than Kit Tractor. I was there picking up some stuff for the kids dirt bike and just asking a few questions and they said getting blades was no problem.

CMerLand
05-27-2000, 10:16 AM
Cantoo,<p>Yes you can use them for Walker blades. In fact when i first bought mine 5 or 6 years ago I had no idea why you would need the wheel to go in two directions, until I bought my walker in '97 and found left handed blades. The RBG's do work great, definately get a dressing stone of some type,(grainger, $ 7.00) as the stone will get out of balance. Another note, always grind your blades up the blade. If your grinder keeps sucking your blade into the stone then your going the wrong way. Doing this will overheat the blade, take of too much steel and make grinding blades unenjoyable. One last thing, the grit collectors are worth the additional money if you dont want a ton of grit throughout your shop.

AB Lawn Care
05-27-2000, 02:52 PM
Cantoo-I bought my RBG grinder straight from the manufacturer in flordia.They shipped it up to a guy in Quebec and he shipped it to me.I'm not sure what way is the cheapest to buy it????Hey cantoo you never know!You just may find one at an auction one of these days!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

gene gls
05-27-2000, 11:28 PM
I have a Brandlin, Fire Ball 128 modle.Comes with a stand so you don't have to mount it to the work bench. Very solid unit, works great, paid $600.00 plus.