PDA

View Full Version : How many were you crankin a week?

proenterprises
10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
First and foremost, this is not intended to be a pissing match, just informative as to capibilities and realistic goals based on hours, equipment and labor.

During the height of the season (june, july, august..etc) how many lawns were you doing a week?

This should give different perspectives and how work load can be managed.

TURF DOCTOR
10-14-2004, 02:55 PM
70 + per week.

gravedigger5
10-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Part-Time solo usually mon-fri maybe a sat, 30 yards + extras. Most of my mowing can usually be done in 4 days. Marc

Richard Martin
10-14-2004, 03:43 PM
How many you can do a week has little to do with production. If you're doing 200 1,000 sq ft properties right next to one another that have no trimming is it the same as doing 18 1/4 acre jobs that have tons of trimming and edging? Or if you're the kind of guy who doesn't mind skipping a little here and there or you don't want to bother with doing a cleanup cut (the 2nd of a double cut) will the guy who does do a great job everytime be as productive or get as many jobs done?

This constant "who's balls are bigger?" is second only to The Adventures of Bobby Gedd.

I do 30 a week, give or take. They range in size from 1,000 sq ft patches of weeds to multi million dollar estates. Now what does that tell you about what I do? Very little.

stizostedion_vitreum
10-14-2004, 04:02 PM
if I wasn't draggin these 10lb'rs around I could probably get a few more done. ;)

bushtrimmer
10-14-2004, 04:24 PM
I really depends on the size of the yards.
My highest is 140 for 1 crew. They have stops where they do 10 - 3-5000 sq ft yards at one stop.
Lowest is 54. They have 2 properties that each take most of one day.
These are two man crews set up as efficiently as possible.

rodfather
10-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Total number of lawns means nothing to me...total square footage is the key issue. For us, that number is right around 9.5M

Mico Landscaping design
10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
2 guys out doin 50-60 dollar acounnt are doin bout 90 lawns a week plus one big job that takes 5-6 hours its all good... we love the money from it cant really complain!!

jpp
10-14-2004, 06:00 PM
We have 90 accounts. My brother and I can do them in 4 days. Cutting, trimming, and blowing. Now in the the thick of the growing season my customers are accustomed to getting cut twice in one week. That being said the yards that I cut on Monday are cut again on Friday. Then the following week they will be cut on Thursday. Saturday is the day for catch up for us. So if we have rain during the week Saturday is the day for second cuttings on the one route.

oneandonlyjojo
10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
who cares how many properties u have like someone said .. u can have 100 small houses or 40 large properties. the real question and the only one that matters to see if u are successful is how much profit is going into your pocket a week

Kelly's Landscaping
10-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Rod couldn't you have just said around 218 acres rather then making me do the math. It does sound a lot bigger youíre way though.

TURF DOCTOR
10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
square footage blah blah.Are you saying you make the same amount on every property.

Flex-Deck
10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
How many do I crank per week - I have two properties next door to each other. One is 17 acres and one is 4 1/2 acres. They yield plenty to keep me going.

TURF DOCTOR
10-14-2004, 07:36 PM
absolutley.

rodfather
10-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Like I have said in the past here on LS, it ain't how much you make...it's how much you KEEP! Period

jpp
10-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Like I have said in the past here on LS, it ain't how much you make...it's how much you KEEP! Period

I agree 100%

Flex-Deck
10-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah rodfather - I agree - BTW - the two I mentioned are only a small part of the total operation. we do 35 acres on Tues afternoon and Wednesday.

proenterprises
10-14-2004, 08:22 PM

i agree, i didnt mean for this thread to be a competition. like i stated from the start, i am just curious to see what others get done, and the time/amount of help that got them their.

crawdad
10-14-2004, 08:26 PM
First and foremost, this is not intended to be a pissing match, just informative as to capibilities and realistic goals based on hours, equipment and labor.

During the height of the season (june, july, august..etc) how many lawns were you doing a week?

This should give different perspectives and how work load can be managed.

How many during the busy season?
All of them. Every one of my customers was happy, every week.

Though I love a good pissing match as much or more than the next guy, this one won't get it. I make more money doing less lawns than many people in this business. Isn't that what this "Work Smarter, Not Harder" stuff I hear around here is all about?
I mow a few lawns, taking the time to make them look their absolute best, skinnydip in the doctor's pool, and go home. It don't get no better than this.
Crawdad

:drinkup: payup

JB1
10-14-2004, 08:45 PM

So true but you need to add, "Its not what YOU know but WHO you know".

DennisF
10-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm a solo and do 63 lawns per week and have been doing them since March. The smallest is 6000 SF, the largest is 2.5 acres. Most of them are 1/4 acre. All of them are mowed, edged (including edging of the beds), trimmed and blown clean every week ( the two hurricanes in September delayed a few cuts ) and some included shrub trimming. The entire route takes me 5 days to complete most weeks, but frequent rain here in the "sunshine state" can force me work 6 days once in a while. I have managed to get them finished in 4 days several times this past summer, but I have to work 10 hours each day to finish in 4 days. I'd rather work 7-8 hours each day and finish in five days. Here in Florida it gets damn hot around 2:00 PM so I try to finish by that time in the summer. I try to get my route done in the morning and spend my afternoons in the pool sipping a cold beer.

GLADULANDSCPING
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
i do 50-60 a week solo, with a guy doing the weedwaccking and blowing

Lawn-Scapes
10-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I maintain a little over 1,250,000 sf per week (4 days cutting).. solo.