PDA

View Full Version : Should I Tell other LCO's about PITA client?

precisioncut
10-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Had a client that got 2 months behind and bounced a check. Of course I went straight to legal action, I told her she had 7 business days to pay in full and she did. Anyways she was my neighbor and I dropped her.

Now I see another landscaper doing her lawn after about a month. This landscaper lives down the street and we have never talked. I wanted to tell him my story but thought otherwise. Should I tell him, let himt figure it out for himself, or what? :realmad:

tiedeman
10-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't do it. Just asking for trouble I feel. Let him figure it out for himself.

Now, if you were telling him about her and he wasn't doing work on the property I feel that is a different story.

bushtrimmer
10-14-2004, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it unless u know the guy real well. You'd jus be opening yourself up to a slander lawsuit. U probably have enough other things that will make u money to worry about than get into someone elses business.

Evergreenpros
10-14-2004, 05:48 PM
People sometimes fall on unforseen financial difficulties for a multitude of reasons outside of their control. You got paid in the end, I'd let it go.

out4now
10-14-2004, 05:50 PM
It's a competative business, why help the competition? Don't say anything and let them take on all the problems while you go from place to place passing by watching them "discuss" this and that and keep making the $.

rodfather
10-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Find something better to do with your time IMO.

bobbygedd
10-14-2004, 06:17 PM
damn right i would tell. IF she intentionally screwed you around. now, if she fell on hard times, and was up front with you, then let it go. but, if she didn't do the right thing, why should you? i met with a prospect last week, i mentioned it to another guy in the business, he said he did work for her, he gave me the scoop, and i'm glad he did. trouble, and i avoided it

AL Inc
10-14-2004, 07:10 PM
I would also tell him. I know I would appreciate it if another LCO spoke to me about a problem person. I had one crazy lady who I dropped for non-payment, a friend of mine started doing her lawn, I told him the story and he quit after one week. Now she hired another guy who I don't know but I will definitely speak to him when I see him. And I wasn't shy about telling all of her neighbors what had happened.

Del9175
10-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know if I would go out of my way to inform him, but if you should happen to be talking with him, I would certainly tell him.

Someone mentioned slander, and I just wanted to say that this is not slander. If what you say is the truth, even if only you think its true, is not slander. Even if you mentioned that you heard she beats her kids, still not slander.