PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Aerator Price

DND Outdoor
10-14-2004, 07:40 PM
My neighbor has a Lesco 30 Walk-Behind Aerator With 5 HP B&S Engine for sale. I saw one on ebay for $600. I was wondering what a good price for one is. THis one doesn't have a lot of hours and I know the seller is meticulous about maintenane so I know it has been well taken care of. Anyone have an idea what a good price is to offer? What are these new? thanks

Runner
10-14-2004, 08:47 PM
What aerator is it? Is it the Ryan (think that's what they used for a minute), the Classen, or the old style with the aerator wheel in front?

DND Outdoor
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
i think its the old style but not sure

Runner
10-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Well, if it's the old style, with the werator wheel out front that you raise the fron casters and rock it up forward, these sold for around 2 grand as well (just under, I believe) as the other types. These aerator get down, and can cover some ground rather fast. What I did, is took two old barbell weights, tied them together with a piece of rope, and hung them over the front caster arm - right out front near the "T". This worked very well as a counter weight, so keeping it rocked forward was much easier, and it also help for additional penetration weight and leverage for the machine. The way that machine worked, was when it was rocked forward, it angled the tines to dig better. Good luck with it. Oh, if you get this type, it really isn't that hard of a task to rig up a sulky system for it. This machine has more than enough pull power to pull a two-wheeled sulky. You have to get off of it to steer, though.