PDA

View Full Version : Toro Proline 36 floating deck

t j lawn care
10-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Do any of you lco own a toro proline gear drive floating deck 36 in gear drive. . I've got a chance to buy one new 2004 with a 15 hp kawasaki. Are you satisfied with a toro ?

thanks in advance

lawnprosteveo
10-14-2004, 08:07 PM
My first walk behind was a Toro 36" floating deck with a 15hp kohler. I put a jungle wheel and a weight kit on it. It is my best mower. Very reliable. cuts very nice!! I have used it as a side discharge, and with a bagger. Next season I will put a mulching kit on it....I have several other buddies in the biz...they all run Toros of various shapes and sizes.. we all swear by them.

Fareway Lawncare
10-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I've had a few Toros over the years & have really come to despise the SFS deck on the floaters, especially after using & buying a couple other brands recently....doesn't mulch or discharge as well as most of the newer baffled decks...

If you can grab a fixed deck Toro, the deck is much better.

sildoc
10-14-2004, 11:17 PM
I've had a few Toros over the years & have really come to despise the SFS deck on the floaters, especially after using & buying a couple other brands recently....doesn't mulch or discharge as well as most of the newer baffled decks...

If you can grab a fixed deck Toro, the deck is much better.

I agree on the fixed deck. I don't think the extra money spent on a floating 36" deck is worth it. i have the fixed and it is much better than the floating deck toro has on the 36". Now on the 48 and above it had better be floating.

Lbilawncare
10-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Does it have Pistol or T-Bar? Check with Russo Power in Chicago for price comparison, what city do you live in?

z_clark
10-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I have one, but with a 15 Kohler (super flow deck). It is my main mower. I have been happy with it (one year old now). One thing I don't like is that is leaves a trail of clippings on the right side when cutting thick Bermuda grass (I have the mulch kit). Most mowers will do this with thick Bermuda, so I don't blame the machine too much...just blow over the lawn when finished.

Paid a bit more than 3 K this spring.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, I have had lots of time on this mower.