PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer and/or Edger

HPL
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Anyone ever heard of or come across a decent battery powered edger or trimmer. Have a potential client looking for a 'low noise' (read no gas powered) servicing - and its worth the bucks for me to look in to it!

Thanks!

lawnman_scott
10-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I dont know about "decent", but black and decker makes them, and they are a well know company. Why do they want this? Old and crazy? or?

HPL
10-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the info - oddly enough it is a mixed development of young families and retirees with about 80 free standing homes in a strata development. Small yards, all in one development and they have complained about the noise of the equipment and chemicals the existing provider uses. So, figured I'd give it a shot with an alternative!

RICHIE K
10-15-2004, 07:11 AM
THEY SOUND LIKE BED BUGS !!!! I WOULD STAY AWAY, BECAUSE YOU WILL RUN INTO PROBLEMS I HAD A FRIEND WITH A SIMULAIR CASE.. :drinkup:

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

Tvov
10-15-2004, 08:13 AM
What about electric trimmers that use cords? You'd be dragging cords around, but they have a heck of a lot more power than battery ones. Actually, do they even make electric trimmers anymore?

What is the problem with trimmers? Trimming, once you are experienced, is such a quick operation I find it hard to believe it really is bothering anyone. You are sure they are not thinking of the "evil" backpack blowers? Also, what about the lawn mowers? They have no problem with gas powered mowers?

Before you invest in special equipment, I would carefully figure out what exactly they want and expect. For example, many times "electric" blowers are louder than gas blowers (at least my neighbor's is!).

CuttingCrew
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
The more you use an electric trimmer the more it will cost you. I seriously doubt you will find electric equipment, especially battery powered, with the power and longevity you need to be productive.
If they are complaining about the noise, what are they going to complain about next? The sun wasnít shinning when you cut the lawn? The birds werenít singing the right song?
Run away. Run away fast and spend the money you were going to spend on electric equipment on something more productive. :drinkup: