PDA

View Full Version : Mower Advice Stander vs ZTR

Aleman
10-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok.. Im in the market for a new mower and heres my story...I currently mow with a 52" Wright Stander with a 17 Kaw. I really like this mower except for a few quirks...adjusting blade height is one. Its also a little under powered in the thick stuff and on large lots its just not fast enough. If the grass in damp, it also clumps more than I would like. Most of the yards I do are 12-15k but I have a couple that are 2+ acres. Id like to stay with a 52" because allot of my customers have 60" gates. Im thinking of either getting a 52" Super Z or maybe a new 52" Stander with the 25 Kaw. Im thinking that the 25 would be allot faster and also give a better cut. Would the Super Z be over kill on the smaller yards, esp when it gets tight. I love the way I can maneuver the stander around and wonder if the Z would be as efficient. Would it give a better cut in the damp grass or would the 25hp on the stander take care of this? Id love to hear opinions of people who own both and can compare.

Thanks

Shady Brook
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I own a stander, and a Super Z. The Super would not be overkill on those lawns, it would dominate them. I have had other riders in the past, but the Super is so fast it amazes me. I think the Super cuts better then my stander, cleaner, and clumps much less. The Super Z will rock on your larger properties. The Super Z is so comfortable, you can sit instead of stand. The warranty is vastly superior on the Super Z. Well anyway, you can see the way I would go.

I wish you well.
Jay

Aleman
10-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks Jay, thats just the kind of advice I was looking for!!

Shady Brook
10-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Aleman

No problem! :)

If you have hills the Super is the best rider I have used on a hill by a long shot. Just thought of that!

Itsgottobegreen
10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Well if you like your stander. I would buy another larger engine one. (what I just did) You know how it works already on your properties. My two stander are 52" 17 kawi. Yes under powered at times. The 23 hp model will run circles around the 17 hp. (buddy owns a 23hp versions) (I only wish my new one was at home, not at the dealer in a crate) I used mine mostly on 2 to 3 acres properties with out a problem.

Aleman
10-15-2004, 08:53 PM
C'mon guys..has anyone else used both mowers?? Help a brother out..... :help: