PDA

View Full Version : Your Neighborhood

skmodmsl
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I was wondering how many LCO's were operating in your neighborhood. Also, do any of you service any of your neighbors ?

I live in a small neighborhood. Most people take care of thier own yards. There are 5 different LCO's servicing my neighbors.

Just curious as if any of you service neighbors. I prefer to keep a low profile. I prefer just a wave and knod or word hello to my immeddiate neighbors. Both of whom have different LCO's. I prefer to leave business apart from my private life.

out4now
10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
I go out for awalk almost everyday and this morning I passed 5 different LCOs in one neighborhood. All of them doing resientials and overseeding. When I came back through 4 of them were gonw and people had several different door hangers. The last guy always uses the gravel in th eplastic bag with a business card in it trick and tosses one on everyones driveway when he leaves a job. There's on eempty house that has 3 or 4 of his ziolocks on the driveway.

Premo Services
10-14-2004, 10:26 PM
I was wondering how many LCO's were operating in your neighborhood. Also, do any of you service any of your neighbors ?

I live in a small neighborhood. Most people take care of thier own yards. There are 5 different LCO's servicing my neighbors.

Just curious as if any of you service neighbors. I prefer to keep a low profile. I prefer just a wave and knod or word hello to my immeddiate neighbors. Both of whom have different LCO's. I prefer to leave business apart from my private life.

I used to say that someone else can do my neighbors lawn care, but who else can do as good of a job as me?
Well no one to be exact.
I do the total lawn and landscape for 1 of my neighbors and he is my best customer and a real good friend.
We both know how to keep business and personal matters seperate. Besides, he always pays like a rabid slot machine and I do everything I say I am going to do for him.
It works out well for both of us, plus I get an added bonus, no travel time, plus he pays 165.00 a week for lawn mowing of his property, plus bush, tree trimming, weeding of landscape beds, fertilizing of lawn and landscape areas, etc,etc,etc.
payup :cool: payup :drinkup: :waving: :sleeping:

launboy
10-14-2004, 10:49 PM
hay Premo you trim bushes and trees every week. why does it need it. or just when they actually need it

Richard Martin
10-15-2004, 03:03 AM
There are 2 other services that work on my block. One scrub that shows up once a month to cut the house at the far end of the block and a 2 man crew that cuts the county pumping station. I am currently servicing 3 others on my block.

In my entire service area (5 miles from my house) there are 5 LCOs including me. The area has about 3,600 or so houses. We also get about 5 or 6 LCOs that come in from outside and do a little work.

WigginsLandscaping
10-15-2004, 05:41 AM
It may be just me but I avoid neighbors, friends, and family. I don't feel right charging family and friends. I have always had problems doing this. Neighbors are the same way. I just wouldnt feel right about taking money from them or i end up going so cheap that I end up paying them to cut their yard. I tend to be too nice at times and I know that this is something i need to overcome. Just my 2 cents. I try to avoid them. You can always drop a customer. But it is not that easy with neighbors, friends, and definately not family.

AL Inc
10-15-2004, 06:26 AM
There are probably 5-6 companies working in my neighborhood. Like skmodmsl, I keep a low profile. Most of my neighbors don't know what I do for a living and I like it that way.

Premo Services
10-15-2004, 06:43 AM
It may be just me but I avoid neighbors, friends, and family. I don't feel right charging family and friends. I have always had problems doing this. Neighbors are the same way. I just wouldnt feel right about taking money from them or i end up going so cheap that I end up paying them to cut their yard. I tend to be too nice at times and I know that this is something i need to overcome. Just my 2 cents. I try to avoid them. You can always drop a customer. But it is not that easy with neighbors, friends, and definately not family.

Ok!! I agree with family and friends, per say, but this neighbor is not asking for a cheaper price, he wants a professional full service. That is what I offer and that is what I do for him. He pays well for my professional services.
I forgot, there is a scrub that does the other neighbor's lawn and it is like 4-411/2 acres, he does it with a worn out 36 inch crapsman like homeowner rider. The job looks like cr@p all the time. Yes this neighbor has approached me and I bid it, but he is getting a less expensive lawn service and it shows.

Tvov
10-15-2004, 07:06 AM
I pretty much stay out of my neighborhood. I may give advice to my immediate neighbors, but I usually say no to the work.

cfosceola
10-15-2004, 07:07 AM
there are 93 homes in my neighborhood, i have seen 6 other companys in here, i service 6 of them sometimes 7, 3 of the six are directly across the street from me all in a row, that makes it real nice and the seventh is right next to those three, it is an older couple that has a son in the army and he mows it when he is in town and i mow it when hes not. I offer my neighbors a slightly reduced rate since i can pull out of my driveway and start working. I am friends with all my neighbors and there is never any conflict between buisness and friendship. Just wish i could get more so i wouldnt have to drive that much.

ProMo
10-15-2004, 08:00 AM
there are over 6 lco's living in my neihborhood