PDA

View Full Version : Best price on JRCO leaf plow???

gogetter
10-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Last fall there was guy selling the JRCO leaf plow on eBay at a really great price (a "Buy It Now" price). I know that at least a few guys here got one from him.

Does anyone still have his contact info by any chance? I'd like to see if he is still able to get them. I'm finally ready to buy one for this fall.

If not, anyone know where to get the best price on one? So far, PrecoParts.com is the lowest price I've found (but still not as low as the guy on eBay).

Thanks in advance.

walker-talker
10-15-2004, 03:23 AM
I checked it out...if any one interested it's selling for $299 without mounting kit. Does anyone know how much the mounting kit cost?

gogetter
10-15-2004, 03:35 AM
I checked it out...if any one interested it's selling for $299 without mounting kit. Does anyone know how much the mounting kit cost?

Walker, I believe it's around $80-85 for the mount. If I remember correctly, the guy from eBay was including it in the price (so you can see why I'm trying to locate him! LOL).

Also, for those that don't know, if the mount seems expensive, you only need to buy one mount for all their attachments. I plan on eventually getting the tine rake dethatcher too, so there is no need to buy another mount for it.

Last thing, I had emailed Preco for a shipping quote on the leaf plow and it was around $40 (to my zip code anyway).

So from Preco it would run me about $420 or so, complete. But remember, if I eventually buy another attachment, I don't have to buy another mount.

LB Landscaping
10-15-2004, 08:19 AM
I'm looking to, Preco has been cheapest so far. Guess I'm not much help!!!! :D

TURF DOCTOR
10-15-2004, 08:22 AM
I have looked at a plow at landscaper supply hope this helps.

LB Landscaping
10-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey Gogetter, I checked my Landscaper Supply catalog and they have the plow for $314.99 and the mount for $76.95. Not sure about shipping, they say free shipping but I didn't read it that close.

gogetter
10-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey Gogetter, I checked my Landscaper Supply catalog and they have the plow for $314.99 and the mount for $76.95. Not sure about shipping, they say free shipping but I didn't read it that close.

The free shipping excludes "equipment and engines". My guess is the leaf plow falls under "equipment".

But anyway, it looks like I may have one already. A used one from a private seller.

Thanks for the input from everyone, and best of luck.

proenterprises
10-15-2004, 07:00 PM
My Father's company got 2 from the landscapers supply last year. They are great pieces of equip., no problems and sturdy as anything else. We were able to just pick them up (their plant is in Orange, Ct) so we saved on shipping.

However, free shiping does not include equip, thats how they get you ...FYI.

LB Landscaping
10-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Sweet, I'd love to find a used one. I re-read the shipping section and I see what they mean.

GrassBustersLawn
10-15-2004, 07:22 PM
I went to PRECO's website & it said $339.95. Where did you get $295????

Mike

gogetter
10-15-2004, 07:55 PM
I went to PRECO's website & it said $339.95. Where did you get $295????

Those sneaky bast... LOL! They just changed it since yesterday. It was $299.99 yesterday.

Well, in that case, it looks like LandscaperSupply is the cheapest now.
Too bad that guy on eBay isn't still around. :-(