PDA

View Full Version : Talk about service

madmusic
10-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Had my Stihl develop a bad vibration and put it in the shop of the dealer where I purchased it. After keeping it for a week I got it back and used it for two days and the vibration was back. Mind you this trimmer was bought in june of this year. So I took it back to the dealer and told them it was not right. So a week goes by and I call and they say they cant find anything wrong so I pick it up kinda upset. Well anyway that evening I was going to a pro day at the dealer where I bought my mower. So I load up the kid and the wife and head that way. When I pull up first thing I see is the Stihl trailer. So we go up and tell the rep my problem and get this he offers to come to my house 25 minutes away and look and my trimmer. Me and my wife looked at each other with our jaws dropped. NOW THATS SERVICE!! Anyway my wife suggested that she would go get it and bring it back so he could look at it there. He spent about 30 minutes looking and greasing it, installed a new head and it was fixed. So I thank him for the service as I received nice Stihl hat and glasses with a 500ft spool of stihl line. This is the very reason im glad all my equipment is Stihl. They stand behind their stuff no matter what.

MMLawn
10-15-2004, 05:25 PM
THAT is Cool Service!

Travis Followell
10-15-2004, 05:59 PM
I'll probibly be buying stihl from now on.

Mo Green
10-15-2004, 06:10 PM
It's a shame that the dealer that you purchased it from wouldn't do the same for you. Did you ask them why they couldn't fix it? Sounds like they didn't put much effort into it.

out4now
10-15-2004, 06:12 PM
It's a shame that the dealer that you purchased it from wouldn't do the same for you. Did you ask them why they couldn't fix it? Sounds like they didn't put much effort into it.

Good point.

mowerman90
10-15-2004, 07:02 PM
So let me get this straight.........if you ever have another problem all you have to do is hunt down the factory rep and get him to fix it instead of the dealer. Hey, whatever works for you. If it was me, I'd be looking for another dealer who knows how to fix the equipment he sells, weather it be Stihl, Shindy, Echo or whatever.

proenterprises
10-15-2004, 07:05 PM
wow, that is good service. i know that some people look down on stihl, but I think their great. both of my stihl blowers run great, and have had little to no problems since purchase.

Flex-Deck
10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I get that service every day from my JD dealer - 2.75 miles away - I do not dicker on price when I buy mowers, and his service department does not dicker either - My mower get put in the front of the line if I have a problem, which I might add only happened once in the last 16 years. JD builds stuff to run and last. Thanks Brad