PDA

View Full Version : Turf tiger clutch engage?

mdb landscaping
10-16-2004, 11:27 AM
i have a 29 hp 61 inch turf tiger. the crew brought her back to the shop broke and i cant figure out whats wrong. you pull the blade engage and nothing happens. i took the panel off replaced the switch and figured that was the problem. still nothing. i checked all the fuses on the on machine. put her on the lift, checked out all underneath the machine and checked all my belts. couldnt find any interlock messed up or anything. maybe the clutch itself is shot. only have 400 hours on the machine. anybody have anythign else for me to check before i bring it in to the dealer?

Travis Followell
10-16-2004, 01:18 PM
You could check to see if power is getting to the clutch. If it is then the clutch is probibly shot.

Runner
10-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Usually, when the clutch goes out, it's the disk that wears, making it not able to have enough pull to the magnets. This makes like a hissing noise, then. It is very possible that something else in the clutch has gone bad, though. Definitely check the power going to the clutch first, like Travis said.

chimmygew
10-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Could also be the gearbox.

easycareacres
10-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Check the rear panel where clutch is located, follow electrical wire to plug to see if contacting. Check steel arm rod that the pin is not missing.

mdb landscaping
10-16-2004, 06:11 PM
ok thanks for the tips guys. ill check it out. we already have one machine in the shop, and i definately cant be down two riders lol. i guess we could put all 5 walkbehinds into action, but it may take a little longer. the guys wont like me too much if i send them out without any riders. ;)

gene gls
10-16-2004, 10:54 PM
My Hustler Super Z eats clutches,4 in 765 hours. Usually, there is a blade engaugement problem before the clutch quits compleatly. There's not much to the clutch for parts for the amount of work its called upon to do. Its metal against metal in a dirty enviroment.

Gene

C4chris70
10-16-2004, 11:57 PM
I had similar problems with my 52 Turf Tiger. took it to the shop with only 100 hours on it. Turned out to be a simple pto clutch adjustment. Good luck.

Shady Brook
10-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Gene

I think that clutch issue is crazy expecially since they are now using non-adjustable clutches. Do you disengage the blades at low throttle, ie. throttle down before shutting off the blades? My dealer told me that if you disengage at full throttle, it will wear the clutch out very fast. He said it can be engaged at full throttle, but never shut them off at full throttle.

For what it's worth.

Jay

mdb landscaping
10-17-2004, 12:22 AM
haha thats easier said then done. when you have crews of h2b workers, its tough to get the point across to disengage at low rpms. my biggest battle these days is teaching these guys to be less abusive on the machines, and slow down. some of them mow first pass full speed and then it clumps twice as bad. if they just slowed down a little bit, it would be easier on them and the machine. this is the first season i finally let these guys mow the routes by themselves, and overall im happy with how its going, although it seems they tend to break equipment more often then when the key guys we have were out cutting. ;)

easycareacres
10-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Ive same prob with workers not taking care and not listening to advice dont it make ya mad. We spend the bucks on gear they wreck it.