PDA

View Full Version : Grass Gobbler or Accelerator Grass Cather?

dmc456
10-16-2004, 11:58 AM
I need to get a grass / leaf catcher for my 52" 23HP Wright Stander.

I have a few new clients that need leaves collected on their 1/4 acre lots.

Which of these two is the best or is there something better for the money. I'm not looking for a huge leaf collections system just something I can use to collect a medium amount of leaves and collect grass clippings when I stumble on new clients that haven't mowed in 12 weeks.

impactlandscaping
10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
I can tell you that you will get a widely varied response from this one..to each his own, but...I just bought Grass Gobblers for my Standers last week, and I am very pleased with the construction, packing capability, and ease of installation / removal. I have never used an Accelerator, but I know enough about them to know what is different from Wright's. I have noticed the grass / leaves pack very well from the back to front with the GG's. That is why I got them, for the same reasons you are listing, and it is working great. I don't need to take the loader and dump truck to these yards(yet), instead, the other day we blew all the leaves out into the lawn, mowed them up( we use mulching kits) then bagged the debris off the lawn. One lawn in particular has a 120' frontage that was full of maple leaves, and could have easily used the loader on them. But after bagging, there were only four dumpings of the bagger..The lawn looked awesome! PM me and I can tell you where to get the GG's and Leaf Gobblers for the best price. I bought mine from my dealer , and paid about 45.00 more, each, than at this place..

Itsgottobegreen
10-16-2004, 12:36 PM
I got grassgobbler on my standers. I wouldn't use anything else. Since wright builds both. You know it is the best combo you can get. The leafgobbler is your best friend when it comes to leave. I got two and couldn't live with out them. Stander, double gators, grassgobbler and leafgobbler. Thats one deadly combo when it comes to leaves.

Now if you had the money. The turbo ten gobbler is like a dream come true. I got one and love that little sucker. It packs about twice the amount of grass.

mkwl
10-16-2004, 07:53 PM
I have a Jumbo Grass Gobbler for my 48" Bob-Cat WB and it works great!!!! It constructed very well, and packs the grass and leaves great!!!! Get a Grass Gobbler!!!

dmc456
10-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to order my Grass Gobler on Monday.

Thanks

boxman
10-16-2004, 08:17 PM
I have both and prefer the accelerator. I have both because i traded a Sentar for a Lazer Z and the GG wouldn't fit the Lazer. I have found the Accelerator to pack as well as the GG but is much more aesy to handle and empty. The accelerator that I got also empties into 33 gal bags whre as the GG reqires large bags. I recomend the acceierator.

Fareway Lawncare
10-16-2004, 09:56 PM
This Gobbler Hype must be from people who haven't used both... used Gobblers for a couple years then found LS & tried an Accelerator....

Accelerator...Hands Down Better...Easier Dump..Easier to Handle...Lighter...packs the same....better fit on my mowers....

FuzzyOne
10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
I've had both. Accelerator wins hands down. It's a lot lighter and dumps easier as stated before. But then again, they cost a lot more IMHO. I'm currently using a Gobbler because I sold the Accelerator with my Hustler.

Off topic, but has anyone used the leaf extention on the Gobbler. I think I might order one, but I can only imagine what the weight of the thing will be loaded.

bushtrimmer
10-16-2004, 11:05 PM
started with gg, they wear out too easily, have several dead ones @ shop.
only buy accelerators any more

J.Gordon
10-16-2004, 11:56 PM
The Grass Gobbler feels like it weighs about as much as the Accelerator when full, (need any more reasons to buy the Accelerator?) :) I believe the Accelerator holds more also but not going to look up the specs.
When I was looking for a Catcher for my walk-behind I looked at the G.G first. (Very heavy compared to the Accelerator) You will save a lot of time and strain on your back if you get the Accelerator! I can unload and be back to mowing or vacuuming leaves in about thirty seconds with my Accelerator +/-. The weight was the main reason I went with it and it was worth every penny over the G.G.
The only reason I would ever purchase the G.G over the Accelerator would be the price difference. If I couldnít afford the Accelerator then I would have got the Grass Gobbler. (Trust me on this one its worth the extra money) the Accelerator packs extremely full with leaves or grass. Iím sure the G.G does also.
You wont find to many people in this world better than Peter at Accelerator, and you will most likely be talking to him when you call. Their customer service is second to none in my books. If you can afford the best then give Peter a call!

Jeff Gordon

lawncare3
10-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Grass Gobbler works great................................

trimmerhead
10-17-2004, 02:03 AM
used both....accelerator destroys the grass gobbler. a lot lighter and easier to use and install.

lawncare3
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
I have both and prefer the accelerator. I have both because i traded a Sentar for a Lazer Z and the GG wouldn't fit the Lazer. I have found the Accelerator to pack as well as the GG but is much more aesy to handle and empty. The accelerator that I got also empties into 33 gal bags whre as the GG reqires large bags. I recomend the acceierator.

The regular Grass Gobbler not the jumbo can fit 30 gal bags too.

QualityLawnCare4u
10-17-2004, 09:32 PM
I have an accelerator and it is very easy to use . The customer suppoert is second to none. If my JD dealer was 1/10 as good as Peter I would have no problems. I have never used a GG though but I would go with the accelerator if its in your budget hand down though.

Danny

STAN1366
10-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Off topic, but has anyone used the leaf extention on the Gobbler. I think I might order one, but I can only imagine what the weight of the thing will be loaded.[/QUOTE]

Fuzzyone, I've got the Jumbo GG and sometimes use the leaf extender. It you just catch the leaves w/o mulching, then it's a bear to handle. I've been using the OCDC on both the Lazer and Bob Cat w/b closed to 1st mulch the leaves, then I put the Gobbler on and collect what's left. Small clippings of both grass & leaves(this week I tried both Exmark mulching blades AND Gator blades on each spindle) really pack in well. It's heavy though if I let both the catcher and extender get full. I'll put the Ultra-Vac back on in 2 weeks if there's enough leaves.

Lawnworks
10-17-2004, 11:12 PM
I have an accelerator on my hustler and I am extremely happy. It just drops onto the mower basically. Takes 1 second to install and take off. Also some baggers can dig up the turf while accelerator will not. Plus Peter is great to deal with.