PDA

View Full Version : Finished leaf box pics

Procutlawn
10-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Took me from 12-3 to do.

What do you think? :blob3:

gene gls
10-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Its too small and wood is no good for the frame.

Gene

LB Landscaping
10-16-2004, 09:41 PM
How are you loading and unloading????

HOLLYWOOD6973
10-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Does't look much like a leaf box . Just looks like side boards on a truck

Remsen1
10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Looks good and so does the truck. Why you guys have to give him chit? That box will hold alot more leave than without. Sure it's not the typical leaf box like we know them for blowing leaves in but I'm sure it does the trick. Geez you guys are hard to please.

What year is that truck? My father in law just bought a 78 silverado 4x4 with 15k original miles. This truck is mint. He bought it for a winter truck in place of his 99, but everyone is telling him he should put the 78 up in the winter and drive the 99 LOL. The truck is mint and he only paid 4,500. What a steal!

Procutlawn
10-16-2004, 11:33 PM
No loader is going on it. It's just to throw the bagged/blown leaves into.

No money for a loader I am going to buy a new plow for this truck.

Sorry I didn't make standards. ;)

impactlandscaping
10-17-2004, 03:11 AM
It's not bad for your first attempt. It took us three tries to finally agree on the end design.It's trial and error.Definitely stay off of the interstate with that box, and you may wish you had put 4' sides on it down the road as well.Find what works...our frame was made from 1" X 2" rectangular steel, with reinforced corners..if it works and saves you time and makes you money, that's all that matters dude... :drinkup:

Liberty Lawncare
10-17-2004, 09:53 AM
That is a good leaf box. My box is only about 4 inches higher. If you can find a used loader cheep you can fit ALOT of leaves in that truck. Nice chevy is it 1/2 or 3/4 ton. I made my sides 1 year ago I used wood 2x4 and 5/8 x6 deacking to build it. The side bords are spaced 1 inch apart. That allows for air flow with the small leaf loader I have. I blew up my leaf loader and made my rolling blower into a leaf loader. If you can find a blower cheep like a mtd yardman and make a loader it might help you.

As far as the people who bashed you screw them.

Green Care
10-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Last year box.

dfor
10-17-2004, 10:05 AM
You'll be fine with that, being that you are not using a loader. Make sure that the stakes going into the pockets of the truck are tight. (I see you have shims in there). You might even want to get another piece of plywood that you can slide into place for the back. That way you can load the back of the bed to the top also.

Procutlawn
10-17-2004, 12:02 PM
That is a good leaf box. My box is only about 4 inches higher. If you can find a used loader cheep you can fit ALOT of leaves in that truck. Nice chevy is it 1/2 or 3/4 ton. I made my sides 1 year ago I used wood 2x4 and 5/8 x6 deacking to build it. The side bords are spaced 1 inch apart. That allows for air flow with the small leaf loader I have. I blew up my leaf loader and made my rolling blower into a leaf loader. If you can find a blower cheep like a mtd yardman and make a loader it might help you.

As far as the people who bashed you screw them.

It's a half ton. I need to get a plow mounted on it pretty soon.