PDA

View Full Version : Found a reasonable place to get yard signs

grasswhacker
10-17-2004, 10:19 AM
http://www.ssgraphicsco.com/en-us/dept_197.html

Can anybody get them cheaper?

impactlandscaping
10-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Wow...ours are five colors, two sided, and I pay $ 26.00 per sign...

Freshcut Lawn Care
10-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Excellent Site...Thanks very much for sharing!

:cool2:

chefdrp
10-17-2004, 01:03 PM
wow. thats great. I am going full time next season and will want more signs. thanx for sharing

qualitylandscaping
10-17-2004, 01:08 PM
I've been paying $11.00 per sign (full color).. On eBay.. Can't remember the company but your link is alot better priced ..

thanks! :waving:

Grassmechanic
10-18-2004, 08:15 AM
I've purchased signage from S & S Graphics in the past. Good company to do business with.

Gravely_Man
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
This is a great site you pointed us to. Thank you very much for sharing. There is not anyone local that can touch these prices for me.

Gravely_Man

Mowman29
10-18-2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.ssgraphicsco.com/en-us/dept_197.html

Can anybody get them cheaper?

Thanks they average $2.00 a sign for 24 x 18 the most widely used size and our comapny paid 28.50 a sign last year. and it only one color on a colored plastic backgound. Have to call to see if they have other than white plastic great site thanks. :cool2: :cool2: :blob3:

walker-talker
10-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Have to call to see if they have other than white plastic great site thanks. :cool2: :cool2: :blob3:Yes...that have an area where you can pick from about 6 different colors. The only thing I couild not find is if they accept graphics. I definetely want my logo to be seen, but in more than one color isnt a huge factor now.

KathysLGC
10-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Pretty cool. Dam a 50 minimum tho.... Thats a ton of signs for me but considering it's still cheaper then getting 10 signs made up out here,.... i think i'll order some as soon as i figure out if i'm changing my name or not.

Mowman29
10-24-2004, 03:37 AM
We have a tan background and a Green Text with our logo. I don't wnat a white background with a green text. trying to keep everything the same. Not professional if you keep cahnging sh**. Customers get confused and then call a larger landscaper to do their work around here. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

TURF DOCTOR
10-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Grasswhacker thanks for the info i am paying 6.00 and up for 1 color.

jkkalbers
10-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Just wondering where you guys use these signs, Obviously you put them in customers yards, but do you give the cutomer a price break for putting it out, or how does it work, I've never tried them but would be willing to give it a shot. thanks

grass-scapes
10-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Just do what I did. I got a quote for lettering my trailer. Then, I spent the money I would have spent on that buying my own vinyl cutter and vinyl. Then I ordered the blank signs (the white coroplast signs are .50 each, btw) I make my own signs and now sometimes sell stuff on ebay. The machine is written off as an advertising expense and I can use it for many other purposes.

Metro Lawn
10-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Just do what I did. I got a quote for lettering my trailer. Then, I spent the money I would have spent on that buying my own vinyl cutter and vinyl. Then I ordered the blank signs (the white coroplast signs are .50 each, btw) I make my own signs and now sometimes sell stuff on ebay. The machine is written off as an advertising expense and I can use it for many other purposes.

I just had my new trailers lettered... $250.00 each.. are you saying you can buy a cutter and supplies for around that price?

grass-scapes
10-26-2004, 06:53 AM
I just had my new trailers lettered... $250.00 each.. are you saying you can buy a cutter and supplies for around that price?

NO, I'm saying, like so many before me said, prices aren't the same everywhere. I was quoted, for my 20 ft trailer, with mulitple colors a price in the range of 1600 dollars. Thats 4 sides, not 2, not 3. I paid 1700 bucks for the cutter and can make signs for yards, magnetic signs, window logos for e-bay and such. I do believe, that in MY area, that is a better deal for me. Now its possible I could have driven to your area and got my trailer lettered cheaper, but to leave the trailer, and gas......well, you do the math.

walker-talker
10-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Thats a ton of signs for me but considering it's still cheaper then getting 10 signs made up out hereThe beauty of getting them so cheap and so many is you can afford to lose a few here and there.

ffemt1271
11-14-2005, 09:47 PM
i went in 50/50 with a friend who bought the setup to cut vinyl graphics. we can make the signs for myself for about (18 x 24" coroplast) for about $2 each ( 2 sided color )

topsites
11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks they average $2.00 a sign for 24 x 18 the most widely used size and our comapny paid 28.50 a sign last year. and it only one color on a colored plastic backgound. Have to call to see if they have other than white plastic great site thanks. :cool2: :cool2: :blob3:

Yes I agree that is a really nice price, price is the reason I used to make my OWN signs (with templates and magic markers, cut the BIG sheets of coroplast with a box cutter, etc) and eventually got tired of it (well it ain't worth it)...
Might have to get a few, how do you guys use them, do you ask the customers if it would be ok or just plop them in there a-la Chemlawn?...
and do you give them a break on the price? just wondering...

Runner
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
THIS is where you want to make deals with the people who have the corner lots at the entrances of subdivisions. This is a marketing ploy that I am beginning to utilize.

roushjh
11-15-2005, 01:43 AM
I started to use onedollarsigns.com this fall. I think their prices may be a little better. I went with a local choice. It cost me more, but I wasn't getting real good customer service from those guys. I wanted my signs quick, not excuses or "it's in the mail". If I sign again, I'll try these guys, with more lead time.

willretire@40
11-15-2005, 08:19 AM
I use 50signs.com and they ship out of factory next day. You get 50 18x12 for $89 black letters on white board. shipping is $12

walker-talker
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Check eBay...I found some pretty good prices last spring. I went with 18" X 24"....I think bigger is better for road signs. Remember, people will be traveling between 30-40 mph when they see them, unless you are posting them at intersections.

ken0564
01-12-2006, 11:24 AM
this is a test

ken0564
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
this is the third time attempting this post so i hope it goes through:cry: :realmad:

thinking of going with 6x8 sign similar to the ones chemical guys use only slightly larger. tan with green lettering. would place strategically at current clients on day of service, pick them up after 3-4 days and replace on next service day. driving no big deal they're all within 3 miles.

current props are in two different subdivisions that i'm targeting to grow, corner lots, at stop signs, or on major throughfare in the sub. thinking when other residents drive through, see multiple signs from the same service this may entice them to call. currently have 6 in one and 9 in the other.

sign would simply read...."lawn service" and list the "phone #", don't know that I would list company name but if so then would read "lawn serviced by @#$%" and list phone #. trying to keep it simple.

any thoughts?? experiences?? sorry so long winded, thanks in advance.

mtdman
01-12-2006, 12:28 PM
AMW made signs for me last fall that turned out very nice, at a competitive price to that website. I highly recommend them.

ken0564
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
AMW made signs for me last fall that turned out very nice, at a competitive price to that website. I highly recommend them.

dont' mean to be dumbazz, but who is AMW??

drsogr
01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Does anyone ever thing about company image? These plastic signs just look cheesy to me. I am trying to attract high end customers for my landscaping business, I doubt that you will attract anything but people looking for a good bargain with those. I went with metal signs, and they will only be used on jobs that we do. They had to reflect our work, and had to be nice enough that our customers would want to put them in their yard.

I have enclosed a pic. I still have to bolt it together...so it may look a little off.

CrewCutEnterprises
01-12-2006, 08:41 PM
i use www.50signs.com

They are coroplast signs with printed paper and wraped with plastic(shrink wrap)

I use them for the winter time to get extra work, 101 dollars for 50. shiped. 89.00 for 50 no shipping

mtdman
01-13-2006, 12:53 AM
dont' mean to be dumbazz, but who is AMW??

AMW Lawn Care, a member here.