PDA

View Full Version : leafloader.

chefdrp
10-17-2004, 02:10 PM
I saw in procutsc thread that someone mentioned using a push blower for a leaf loader. How whould i make that? Does anyone have a pic. I am better with pics than visualizing.

qualitylandscaping
10-17-2004, 02:13 PM
thats not a bad idea.. Now that I think about it, I could take both ends of the chutes off my Peco bagger unit and make a leaf loader..

Thanks for the idea Chef! :waving:

out4now
10-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Hope fully it goes, never attached a pic on here like this before.
Sort of like this from Parker? Guess you could do it with a push blower as well. We actually used this set up once and it worked well for us. Also used a similar device to hook up to our JD's vacuum pac on our 430 mower, put leaves straight into the bagger.

kemmer
10-17-2004, 03:23 PM
the older little wonders offer a hose attachment to use as a leafloader.

gogetter
10-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Giant Vas still offers that option on one model. You have to make sure your wb blower has a steel impeller, many use aluminum.

I think it's a good idea and almost bought a Giant Vac for this. I already had a Little Wonder push blower and was in the market for a leaf loader. I thought if I buy the GV, I would have two blowers going on the lawn at once to get the job done faster, then convert the GV to load the leaves into the truck.

But I happened upon a great deal on a used leaf loader, so I never did buy the Giant Vac blower/vac.

But if I ever did decide to add another push blower, I'd probably go with the GV so that I could have a back up leaf loader incase mine bites the dust.

Keep in mind though that the biggest GV push blower that is convertible to a vac is only 9hp, plus it only has a 6 or 8 inch diameter intake hose (I forget which it is, 6" or 8"). So if it's your only leaf loader and you do a lot of leaves, it may not be the best way to go. But it would be a nice backup, and if you need a push blower anyway, it makes sense to get one that can convert to a vac too.