PDA

View Full Version : Let me see if I got this right....Take a look, hlep me out...

precisioncut
10-17-2004, 04:26 PM
I need to revamp a lawn at a local park I do. About 10,000 sq ft. of turf. Back 5,000 looks great, front 5,000 sod never really took well. Patchy (looks bad). Well what I am going to do is:

1)Mow Low
2)Dethatch/Cleanup
3)Aerate Heavily (2 or 3 passes?)
4)Seed (broadcasted) (fescue mix)
5)Spread Manure
6)Water 3 times daily-10 mins each for 2 weeks

Does that sound about right or am I missing anything? Just need a little help on this. Another thing...Pricing, what would some of you charge for a job like this? Thanks to those who help.

jim dailey
10-19-2004, 10:53 AM
I need to revamp a lawn at a local park I do. About 10,000 sq ft. of turf. Back 5,000 looks great, front 5,000 sod never really took well. Patchy (looks bad). Well what I am going to do is:

1)Mow Low
2)Dethatch/Cleanup
3)Aerate Heavily (2 or 3 passes?)
4)Seed (broadcasted) (fescue mix)
5)Spread Manure
6)Water 3 times daily-10 mins each for 2 weeks

Does that sound about right or am I missing anything? Just need a little help on this. Another thing...Pricing, what would some of you charge for a job like this? Thanks to those who help.

Don't forget the starter fertilizer !!!

precisioncut
10-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks Jim, But I'm suprised that no one else is willing to help me out. I know that many of the same questions are posted but it is alot shorter to just post a quick question.

jim dailey
10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks Jim, But I'm suprised that no one else is willing to help me out. I know that many of the same questions are posted but it is alot shorter to just post a quick question.

OK, I'll take a stab. Looks like you have mostly labor...just manure and seed for materials. Figure your labor costs, for all of the physical labor and labor to procure materials. Mark your materials up 20-25%. Don't forget to charge for babysitting the watering. YOU know what your labor/hour charge should be. Should the customer be friends, or should you feel like there may be more business to be had, if you wish, adjust your price accordingly. Good luck, and DO NOT work for less than you are worth.

precisioncut
10-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks again!