PDA

View Full Version : When to start advertising

stexasrookie
10-17-2004, 04:38 PM
I worked about half of last season and was wondering when is the best time to start advertising. I live in south texas so the growing season doesnt really stop until late december and starts again in late febuary. When i say advertising I mean newspaper ads and passing out fliers. Thanks for your help, any & all is appreciated.

PLM-1
10-17-2004, 10:56 PM
I advertise ALL THE TIME...you would be surprised how many ppl call in the off season because of it.

twins_lawn_care
10-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Best time to start is yesterday.
I have gotten more calls when I did not expect to get them. Lots of times it is from people who want to do a whole cleanup on their yard, and get around to it in the "off seasons". Those kind of jobs tend to pay great, and fill in any empty spots I may have. Another thing to think about is people have to recognize your logo/name. Then when they need work done, they can associate it. So the key is to always have it visible somewhere. Always on a truck is great, because people from your area will become used to seeing it, and when they need work, know you are a local business, and support you.

PLM-1
10-18-2004, 01:06 PM
couldn't have said it better myself!

Team Gopher
10-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi stexasrookie,

Always keep your name out there !