PDA

View Full Version : Groundskeeper Pro users....

gogetter
10-17-2004, 07:42 PM
I did some searching for info on Groundskeeper Pro, and a lot of the posts are older. So with so many new members joining all the time, I wanted to get some up to date info.

From the searches I've done, it seems some are completely happy with it, and others had some problems.
I tried the demo and I liked it a lot. But this was just playing around on it, no real world use.
As I've stated many times before, I'm a computer moron, and yet it seems rather easy to use to me.

I currently just do mostly maintenance, but may be doing apps next season.
And I currently use Invoices & Estimates. It's a cheapy program I got from Staples, but it really has done everything I wanted it to so far. But GKP has some nice additional features I'd like to use.

I'd like to hear from those that have actually USED it, not just demoed. Your likes and dislikes? Thanks.

thill
10-17-2004, 09:06 PM
gogetter,

We have used GKP for a couple of years now for scheduling and invoicing. We find it very flexible. It has done nearly everything we needed. All in all, we are very pleased with it.

The support has been very good when we wanted to try to use it a bit differently than it was intended.

They even helped us set it up on a server to allow multiple simultaneous users.

The accounting functions are very elementary and you can easily get yourself into book keeping problems unless you are very disciplined. To my knowledge, there is still no plan to interface with any serious accounting software.

GKP give you a lot of bang for the buck! Good luck with it.
Tom

gogetter
10-17-2004, 10:12 PM
The accounting functions are very elementary and you can easily get yourself into book keeping problems unless you are very disciplined.

Tom, thanks for the input. Can you touch on the above a little more? Maybe give an example of problems that can arise if not "disciplined" as you say?.
Thanks again.